1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

New Pokemon Only!

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Wizard, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    In Pokémon Black and White, all of the Pokémon you could catch before the Elite Four were brand new! You could later obtain Pokémon from earlier generations, but the game really made it where you had to use the new ones.

What did you think of this? Should they use this concept again.

When I played Black for the first time, I thought it was really cool how new everything felt. I personally thought it was fine, but I wouldn't want to see it again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I enjoyed Black & White, and honestly, I wouldn't mind if they did something like that again. After the backlash they got the first time, though, I don't think they'll do it again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I found it really cool and it did help me on trying the new Pokémon instead of just using the older ones that I knew so well. After B/W I decided to try playing that way in every new region since, even if older Pokémon are available.
    I can see where some people might not have liked it, and wouldn't want them to enforce it for everyone. I see it as a fun challenge for myself, personally.

4. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Since Pokémon Black and white was the first Pokémon game that I had no guidance for, I didn't care, I was playing a Pokémon game without any prior knowledge of anything, so all the new Pokémon just made it more fun for me.

5. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I haven't played Black/White, but that sounds pretty cool. It seems like an effective way to get people to use and appreciate the new Pokémon. Especially with how many Pokémon we have now.

6. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I liked it but I'm glad they changed it a little in BW2 since I missed some of the older mons in BW. Is not something I would mind seeing again really but they would need to have a lot of older gen mons be available once you clear the story or something or it'll just be boring, plus we have so many most there's no excuse to not make a few hundred more accessible post-story.

7. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    GS Ball ★★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Mixed generation teams outside of competitive play is a very weird concept to me

8. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    Black was my first game, so I just enjoyed it without even knowing about earlier Pokémon. I wouldn't mind seeing this sort of thing in future Pokémon games, but it is nice to have the option of using old favourites on your team.

9. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,021.5
    I don't think they'll ever do that again because apparently Gen V didn't do as well as they were (which is why its been pretty much nothing but Gen I pandering since then) but I wouldn't mind if they did. In fact, I think I'd probably prefer it since I usually try to make my team using only new Pokémon, meaning that having few or none returning would be better for me.

10. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Seeing as I tend to reuse my favorites before trying new ones out, I would like it if they forced us back into going through a new region with only that region's new Pokémon

11. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    I wouldn't mind doing this again. My first playthrough I always try using the new mons anyways so it wouldn't really be much of a change for me.

12. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    i don't mind it that much. it's nice having different options than the usual mons

13. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    Sure...if the new Pokémon are actually good, both aesthetically and mechanically. The issue I had with Black was that they gave you nothing but unappealing rubbish for the first few routes - they tried to force an elemental monkey on you, and otherwise it was Patrat or Lillipup. I didn't even like my starter. Gen V's best Pokémon - or even its tolerable Pokémon! - weren't available until much later in the game, and it made playing through Black a miserable nightmare.

I don't mind if they make another game with only new Pokémon available, at least initially or until postgame. But they'd better be good enough to justify it.

Any new Pokémon game needs a National Dex regardless, though.

14. Vaporstar4x4

Stephy
    (Jirachi Egg)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,087.7
    The only games I played before B&W were Pearl, Platinum, and Soul Silver. I basically played the same game twice with both gen 4 games and was really excited to see new Pokémon (at least to me) in Silver. I had just assumed that every game had you play with only new Pokémon until I learned otherwise later.
    However, I still try to use new Pokémon in each game. Wither it be to complete the Pokédex or because I genuinely want them on my team. I have my personal opinions on designs and types, but I'm always excited to see new Pokémon and wouldn't mind them doing what they did in B&W.

15. Aalacer

Moonwalk
    (Lunatone)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽484.7
    I tend to use new ones in new generations, yes. That way I can have a first taste of how their stats are, what they can learn and all that stuff. Usually their hidden abilities change how I perceive them later, but it is still usefull (and funnier than just demolishing the entire game with gyarados).

16. Haunted Ditto

Ditto
    (Ditto)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽775.5
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    Many fans were Angry about this, but I loved it! This makes you love the new Pokémon much more.