1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Kecleon, Sep 4, 2020.

1. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,422.1
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Character's done! Personality may vary a bit though.
    Name: Kyanis ("Knockoff Articuno") (AC-144-06)
    Base Pokémon: Altaria
    Spliced DNA: Cryogonal
    Description:
    Kyanis.png
    Has the main body of an Altaria, but everything else about them has been altered to more suit an Ice-type. The wings are far more reminiscent of Cryogonal, with three layered sections sprouting down into a rhombus, and all of them being flat and bladelike similarly to Cryogonal, and attached to the body with one of the V-shaped ends. A V-shaped visor covers their now dark blue eyes, and a V-shaped long ribbon sits atop their head. Their originally white cheek marks are now blue and trapezoidal, pointing towards their very pale blue beak which is now pointier and more rhombuslike, and it sits atop the bottom of their visor. Their five-segmented tail has been replaced with the dangly blue orbs that drape from Cryogonal, with three creating each segment and the outer segments being the longest. Lastly, their feet are shaped more like two-pointed crowns and are far more geometric.
    Backstory: Kyanis, known to Team Rocket as AC-144-06, was a experiment similar to Auron to recreate a Legendary Pokémon - but not simply the typing. Team Rocket tried to recreate Articuno to the best of their abilities, using a Cryogonal (being a more icelike Ice Type that has Levitate to mimic Flying type) and an Altaria (a graceful long blue birb that evolved from a Normal type, which was easily erased). They were captured from their flock and put through rigorous training for a long time - so long that they have nearly forgotten their old life. They were a relatively recent and more successful fusion - while not a complete success, they have beeen deemed good enough for battle use. However, now Kyanis is more susceptible to temperature change, being part Ice type, and tends to be easily scared by the prospect of such. They will take great measures to avoid heat, as it is a strange new feeling being weak to it.
    Personality: As they have been raised in submission with Team Rocket, and as their memories of their life back in the wild are suppressed, they are mostly submissive to their Rocket trainers. They do not know a lot about Team Rocket's deeds, and simply blindly trust them. They try their best to appear cold and refined, but actually act on impulse quite a lot, and are very sarcastic and prone to annoyance. Once Kyanis has their mind set on a task, they will see it through to the end.They do not like the nickname "Knockoff Articuno", something some of the lower level grunts have called them. However, their suppressed memories still influence them - they are instinctively protective of other Pokémon (from their days protecting the flock), although they try to ignore it for the better of their missions. They also feel oddly drawn to music, although they can't explain why.
    Typing: Ice/Flying
    Abilities: Levitate (Cryogonal), Natural Cure (Altaria)
    Moves:
    Ice Beam
    Mist
    Blizzard
    Steel Wing
    Fly
    Hurricane

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #61 Feb 11, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
    SAF likes this.
  2. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,031.6
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    @ChocoChicken

A rather interesting idea here, and quite well thought out. I do particularly like the substitution of Altaria's normally cloud shaped wings with literal frozen crystals, doing a very good job trying to mimic Articuno without fully succeeding. A real outcast if I ever saw one.

One very quick question before I push it through, what is with the "Icy Wind/Mist" and "Steel Wing/Mist" there in the battle info? I apologize, but this is simply confusing me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,422.1
    Oh crap I didn't clear that up? Yeah I was a bit indecisive on their moveset there, I forgot to fix that - gimme a minute.
    EDIT: Fixed - I was planning on replacing one of those moves with Mist. Icy Wind is going now

4. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    My thoughts exactly.

5. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,031.6
    A-ha...yes. That does make quite a bit of sense there. Anyway, Kyanis is ACCEPTED!

I do have an idea where I can squeeze them in, but we're gonna have to push through this fight a bit longer, especially since I have to account for removing Shale. Think you can hold out for a little bit?

6. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,422.1
    I don't mind! Just let me know when I should pop in, and I'll be there!

Barandofl likes this.
  7. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,031.6
    So, good news to anyone who even remotely remembers this RP from over a year ago. I am reviving Pokémon Fusion from the grave! I know this looks like it's out of nowhere, mostly because it is, but I still remember this project fondly and I always wanted to come back to give it another try.

With that being said, I will unfortunately be ending the initial IC thread prematurely, due to the length of time passing between then and now. However, this means I am once again opening up character submissions for the RP. And, on top of this, anyone who has created a character here before are more than welcome to sign back in and use them again.

I will begin writing out the new starting scenario now, and I'll lay out the notifications to anyone who participated previously.

@Barandofl @SAF @Ignem @Jeydis @ChocoChicken

Nova Ozuka and SAF like this.
  8. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    Boreas is done.
    Name: Boreas
    Base Pokémon: Alolan Ninetails
    Spliced DNA: Ampharos (Mega)
    Description:
    [​IMG]
    Boreas looks like an Alolan Ninetails, but with some major differences. He has the red orb of an Ampharos in his forehead. He also has the white belly of an Ampharos, and each of his nine tails looks like that of an Ampharos. His paws are also yellow, like he had gotten all four legs stuck in cans of yellow paint that he hasn’t gotten off yet. The horns of an Ampharos have grown behind his ears as well. This however only applies to his normal form.
    [​IMG]
    In his Mega form, the icy blue tuff on his head grows larger, turning wooly and snow white. His tails are likewise engulfed in white wool and covered in more red spheres. Also, his horns have stretched and curled upward to match Ampharo’s Mega form. His back paws are also tipped black, and his limbs are thicker.
    Personality/Backstory: Before his capture on Mt Lanakila, Boreas was a friendly Ninetails, helping travelers and Pokémon alike that managed to get lost in blizzards. After getting experimented on, he felt violated and grew bitter, often whipping up snowstorms whenever not properly restrained or sedated.

He had worn his Fairy-typing like a badge of honor, and it had gotten stripped from him cruelly by something unnatural. Team Rocket had taken advantage of his good will first, and then his curiosity. They wanted something that could control the weather while also acting as a beacon, but, at the same time, they wanted something more. At times, he could swear he could feel something buried in his chest, perhaps somewhere near his heart, usually whenever he was agitated or somewhat irritable.

When near humans, he is on high alert. Any moment that a human attempts to catch him often results in him freezing them to the spot or even a Pokéball to their hand. He can now produce electricity as a result of his new typing, however this electricity often results in accidentally shocking anyone getting too close, causing him to shy away from contact in most cases.
    Battle Info: Ice/Electric
    Abilities: Snow Warning and Static/Moldbreaker
    Moves
    Blizzard
    Dazzling Gleam
    Aurora Veil
    Thunder
    Rain Dance
    Thunder Wave

When using Electric-Type moves, they sometimes misfire as a result of Boreas having not yet mastered the move or use of electricity. He can also Mega evolve, but this usually happens when enraged or under heavy stress. As a result, he is often unable to control himself until he calms down, is knocked out, or otherwise passes out.

#68 Jun 22, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
    SAF likes this.
  9. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,031.6
    @Nova Ozuka

Very nice. Considering we have a second Ampharos character here, I wonder how they will get along.

Accepted.

In other news, I am nearly done with the first draft of the opening post. It should be ready soon, so share some patience with my as I try to get this done.

10. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,796.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    We'll see about that. :hello:

And now that we have a Mega Boreas, I think I'll need to try squeezing a Mega Altale in...

11. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,422.1
    Kyanis 2.0!
    Character's done! Personality may vary a bit though.
    Name: Kyanis ("Knockoff Articuno") (AC-144-06)
    Base Pokémon: Altaria
    Spliced DNA: Cryogonal
    Description:
    Kyanis.png
    Has the main body of an Altaria, but everything else about them has been altered to more suit an Ice-type. The wings are far more reminiscent of Cryogonal, with three layered sections sprouting down into a rhombus, and all of them being flat and bladelike similarly to Cryogonal, and attached to the body with one of the V-shaped ends. A V-shaped visor covers their now dark blue eyes, and a V-shaped long ribbon sits atop their head. Their originally white cheek marks are now blue and trapezoidal, pointing towards their very pale blue beak which is now pointier and more rhombuslike, and it sits atop the bottom of their visor. Their five-segmented tail has been replaced with the dangly blue orbs that drape from Cryogonal, with three creating each segment and the outer segments being the longest. Lastly, their feet are shaped more like two-pointed crowns and are far more geometric.
    Backstory: Kyanis, known to Team Rocket as AC-144-06, was a experiment similar to Auron to recreate a Legendary Pokémon - but not simply the typing. Team Rocket tried to recreate Articuno to the best of their abilities, using a Cryogonal (being a more icelike Ice Type that has Levitate to mimic Flying type) and an Altaria (a graceful long blue birb that evolved from a Normal type, which was easily erased). They were captured from their flock and put through rigorous training for a long time - so long that they have nearly forgotten their old life. They were a relatively recent and more successful fusion - while not a complete success, they have been deemed good enough for battle use. However, now Kyanis is more susceptible to temperature change, being part Ice type, and tends to be more scared by the prospect of such.
    Personality: Raised in submission and taken early from the flock, Kyanis is mostly obedient to their Rocket trainers. They try their best to appear cold and refined, but actually act on impulse quite a lot, and are very sarcastic and prone to annoyance. Once Kyanis has their mind set on a task, they will see it through to the end.They do not like the nickname "Knockoff Articuno", something some of the lower level grunts have called them. However, their instincts from their days back in the flock, though suppressed, never quite disappeared. Drawn to music and wildly protective of other Pokémon, Kyanis's hidden compassion still very much exists.

Typing: Ice/Flying
    Abilities: Levitate (Cryogonal), Natural Cure (Altaria)
    Moves:
    Ice Beam
    Mist
    Blizzard
    Steel Wing
    Fly
    Hurricane

Revamped some stuff to make them fit from the very beginning, rather than through a grunt. If you'd prefer I enter via a grunt, though, I can still use the earlier Kyanis form as a recurring antagonist or something.

12. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    Bonus points if that form is used to stop a rampage from Mega Boreas.

SAF likes this.
  13. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Name: Beryl
    Base Pokémon: Lucario
    Spliced DNA: Beheeyem
    Description: (I don't have an image for her right now. Once I get a chance to draw her, I'll add it here.)

The most noticeable difference between Beryl and a regular Lucario is her torso. It now resembles a trench coat, much like the Beheeyem she was spliced with. It still retains the light beige colour of a Lucario's chest fur, and the buttons on her coat look like the metallic spikes that usually adorn their chests. The mask-like pattern on her face has also changed to more closely resemble the pattern on Beheeyem's forehead. Her arms, legs, and tail remain mostly unchanged, save for the pads on her paws, which are now red, green, and yellow, much like Beheeyem's fingers.

Personality/Backstory: Beryl doesn't remember much from before she was spliced. She does have vague memories of living in the mountains somewhere, but the details have slowly began to fade away. She does, however, clearly remember the moment she was captured. It only took a momentary lapse in focus for a Rocket Grunt's Pokéball to take its hold on her, and after that, she had no chance of escape. The experiments that followed were some of the most painful moments of her life.

She quickly found that she was one of many Lucario and Riolu that Team Rocket had captured that day. Her kind's control over aura was appealing to them. They believed that psychic powers may be able to enhance it, so it could be weaponized. Each of the test subjects was spliced with a different Psychic-type; Beheeyem, in Beryl's case. She spent the next few days in agony, feeling like her brain was too large for her skull. Though it did fade over time, it never completely went away.

Beryl quickly noticed the changes to her body once the pain became more bearable, but that was nothing compared to the mental changes. She was calmer, more intelligent, more analytical. Before the change, she would've tried to force her way out of her containment cell. With these changes to her personality, though, she knew that approach wouldn't work. If Team Rocket believed she wasn't a threat, though, then they might just begin to let their guard down. So, she simply waited patiently in her cell, biding her time until she had a chance to escape.

Battle Info:
    Moves:
    -Aura Sphere
    -Counter
    -Meteor Mash

-Psychic
    -Recover
    -Teleport

Abilities: Inner Focus, Telepathy
    Beryl isn't used to her newfound powers yet. She's had a constant headache ever since she was spliced, and she will begin to bleed from the nose and ears if she uses her psychic abilities too frequently. If she really pushes herself too hard, she might even pass out.

Nova Ozuka likes this.
  14. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    I finished making an NPC that we can use as well.
    Name (optional): Evelyn
    Base Pokémon: Eevee/Espeon
    Spliced DNA: Riolu/Lucario
    Description:
    [​IMG]
    Evelyn’s body is the exact shape of a Riolu, except for her tail and head. Her legs are black, and so is her chest fur and the two aura sensing nodes on her head. Aside from the aforementioned nodes, Evelyn’s head is mostly the same, and the tuff of fur around her neck has retained its color. She also now possesses hard pads on her forearms.
    [​IMG]
    In her evolved form, she changes to an Espeon with Lucario DNA. Her head and tail are very much the same as an Espeon with the main difference being that she has four aura sensing nodes, and she also has the light beige chest fur of a Lucario. The portions of a Lucario’s body that would have been black are also the same blue as her inner ear, resulting in blue paws, bands around her waist and shoulders, and her legs being blue from the knee down.

In place of a Lucario’s spikes, she also possess large ruby-like spheres embedded in her forearms and chest matching the one on her head.
    Personality: Naive
    Backstory (optional): Being an Eevee, Evelyn was a prime test subject for DNA epxirments due to her unstable genetic makeup. They spliced with Riolu DNA in the hopes that she would take well to the DNA of another unevolved Pokémon that evolves only once.

And for the most part, it went off without a hitch. All that remained was to see if she could evolve. However, no matter how many evolutionary stones she was exposed to, her DNA refused to respond to them. The young Eevee doesn’t remember much of how she got here or the experiment that was conducted on her.

She still has a child-like innocence about her due to her young age. As a result, she doesn’t have a grasp on what’s right or wrong.
    Battle Info:
    Normal/Fighting
    Abilities: Anticipation and Inner Focus
    Moves
    Bite
    Sand Attack
    Swift
    Quick Attack
    Copycat
    Force Palm
    Psychic/Fighting
    Abilities: Magic Bounce and Inner Focus
    Moves
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball
    Calm Mind
    Aura Sphere
    Heal Pulse
    Stone Edge
    Evelyn still isn’t quite used to moving around on two legs, so she is prone to falling. Her newly found clumsiness also came with improved focus, provided by her Riolu DNA. Not quite used to her newly acquire aura senses, they also sometimes overwhelm her, but her evolved form helps her manage this more effectively.

Her ability to evolve is hindered by her Riolu DNA. As such, she can only evolve with friendship during the day.

#74 Jun 24, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2022
  15. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,031.6
    @ChocoChicken @Riddles

Both seem really fun to work with. We could use some more level-headed characters to offset some of the more hot-headed individuals around here.

Both are Accepted.

@Nova Ozuka

For the first NPC, I think this one works well and should be fun to play around with. Again, nice work.

Accepted.

Nova Ozuka and Riddles like this.
  16. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,031.6
  17. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    I wonder who will be the first to reach Boreas. He's not exactly in position to do anything with him completely clamped down and muzzled.

18. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,796.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Y'know what, I've added Mega Altale to her OG bio. Still need to figure out how her cell works...

19. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,031.6
    I...can't help but be concerned about the lopsided power increase Altale now has by being able to Mega Evolve whenever.

Is there a way to add some kind of restriction to her ability to Mega Evolve, for the sake of fairness?

20. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,796.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Like, only can use maximum 3 attacks or so before passing out? Or maybe only trigger-able on the verge of death?

#80 Jun 24, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2022