1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up
  1. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    "It's simple," Flamberge responded, turning away from her conversation with Taranza. "We just blast it!" She produced her BBQ Cannon from thin air to prove her point.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    “That seems… entertaining,” Evergreen said, wondering if Flamberge was making it sound easier than it was supposed to be.

3. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @ChocoChicken @Azelflover1 @122 Generation
    (Man, I hate burnout. :()

So everything happened so fast with Mirage having a bad time with his own psyche (and to think he's a psychic-type...), Flamberge promptly confusing Taranza by asking something to him only to turn her attention somewhere else (to be fair though, poor spider could barely hear her with all the chaos around them), Snowy rushing to Mirage's side only to find Kirby and Evergreen comforting him, Airin taking a seat near Maria, Brenna trying to do some strategizing with what little information Blacky'd managed to retain, and Blacky himself (almost) following Kotone in her little adventure. But then...

"Omatase shimashita," [Thank you for waiting,] a pink-haired robot lady came out from the cockpit and bowed to everyone present. Judging from how relaxed she was with the Destrayer already airing and all, she must've either set the ship on autopilot or let her co-pilot (who was another Haltworker) take over. "Watakushi wa kyō no pairo--" [I'm your pilo--] her introduction was cut off by the sight of Flamberge's BBQ Cannon. Seeing this, the robot lady rushed to get in the cannon's way with a frantic "Ah! Don't fire that here!" ensuing (she'd previously overheard Berge speaking in English and matched her own speech accordingly). The last thing she wanted was for everyone to get stranded in outer space, after all.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    (Yikes. You okay?)

Maria and Evergreen (and presumably Airin also) looked up to see the newcomer who was addressing them in English. That came as a surprise to Maria, as it was the first time encountering a local who spoke the same language as her. It was a pink-haired robot lady, who looked kind of humanoid for what it was worth. She even had big blue eyes. Alas, her concerns were justified. What if Flamberge fired the BBQ Cannon by accident?

Further away, Belle also heard the voice. [Eh?!] Belle said. [Was that another person!]

"Shinpai shi nai de, Belle-chan!" [Don't worry, Belle!] Kotone said. "It's just a little bit of noise, I think! I'll take care of it." But instead, Kotone walked away from the voice to a different part of the ship.

(Now I'm beginning to think what would happen what if Flamberge actually fired the cannon >:) Instant GG)

5. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    Flamberge immediately stopped upon seeing the pink Not-Kirby lady rush at her. "Whoa, whoa, okay! I wasn't going to!" With a slap to its top like a salesman with a car roof, the BBQ Cannon was pushed back to wherever it was before she'd pulled it out. At least now that question was answered - this was their pilot, she supposed. Whoever she was, she definitely knew what she was doing, at least. With her on their side, breaking into Nightmare's would probably go all right.

6. Azelflover1

Susie
    (Mankey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽636.3
    "You doing okay, Mewtwo?" asks Volt. "Yeah, I... I think I'm okay now," says Mirage. He takes a few deep breaths, trying to calm himself down. Kirby walks up to Susie, confused as to who and what she is. Fumu is still keeping the Warp Star secure, following Kirby to where Susie is. "Anatahadare?" [Who are you?] Fumu asks.

7. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (Yeah, I'm good. Just hate it when I have a lot of scenarios running in my mind but can't spit it out for whatever reason.)

Blacky
    Yeah, right. Kotone said she'd take care of the noise yet right now she's heading away from said noise. Blacky quickly grabbed her free hand and sternly asked, "Now, Shiomi, where do you think you're going?"

(Fun fact: Being a Pokémon, Blacky can understand Belle just fine.)

Everyone else @Azelflover1 @ChocoChicken

Now that the imminent danger (?) was out of the way, the robot lady and Airin (who had been witnessing everything) sighed in relief. Before the former could answer Fumu's question though, Taranza just had to do that on her behalf. "Sā! Kochira wa Sūjī-san de, kyō no pairotto desu," [Well! This is Susie, our pilot for today,] he said. Susie then followed this up with a bow and a "Yoroshiku onegaishimasu." [Nice to meet you.]

(Fun fact: Like Brenna and Taranza, this Susie is a multilingual.)

122 Generation likes this.
  8. Azelflover1

Susie
    (Mankey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽636.3
    "Sūjī..." [Susie...] Kirby says in thought, repeating the name he's heard. "Yoroshiku onegaishimsu, Sūjī," [Nice to meet you, Susie,] says Fumu, bowing back. Aaron gets out of the toy basket for a bit, attempting to greet Susie. "Kon'nichiwa, Sūjī-sama. Watashi wa Ārondesu. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu," [Hello, Susie-sama. I am Aaron. It's nice to meet you,] the Lucario figure says.

#848 Aug 2, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2022
  9. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Kotone and Belle Kotone wasn't expecting Blacky to catch her hand out of the blue like that. "Oh! Hi! Uh..." Kotone broke into a wide and nervous grin. "I'm finding the source of the noise that Belle heard! I'm sure it's all the way over there."

Belle facepalmed (unaware that Blacky understood her squeaking). [That is not what I said! I said it was a person!]

Then Kotone tugged Blacky's arm. "I have an idea! Let's go find the noise together!" She tried pulling Blacky away to walk with her and Belle.

Maria and Evergreen Evergreen bowed politely at Susie. "Konnichiwa, Susie-san. Watashi wa Evergreen desu," [Hello, Ms. Susie. I'm Evergreen,] Evergreen greeted.

"And I'm Maria!" the little girl waved enthusiastically at the humanoid robot. "So you pilot this ship? That's pretty impressive of you! I don't even know how to steer things yet."

10. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    "Flamberge, mage known as the Bringer of Flame!" The redhead gave Susie a hearty smile and wave, leaning over on the space where her BBQ Cannon was a moment ago - before realizing it wasn't there, scrambling to stabilize her balance, and finally falling over onto the floor with a hearty thump. "I'm fine."

#850 Aug 3, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2022
  11. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Blacky
    In response to Kotone trying to pull him away from the others, Blacky stood his ground with his yellow eyes meeting hers. Little did the whimsical redhead know that three years of knighthood plus involuntary servitude to Nightmare for Arceus knows how long made the Umbreon become too hard-bitten to her liking. "Belle said that noise might be another person, and it's actually coming from this way," Blacky pulled Kotone to the opposite direction from where she's trying to pull him to. Cue a tug-of-war between the two.

(Which part of the Destrayer are the trio in at the moment? And who'd win the tug-of-war: Kotone or Blacky?)

Everyone else @Azelflover1

And now Snowy finally came closer after she made sure the toys were okay. "I'm Snowy. Also known as Shiron," [Watashi wa Sunōī desu. Shiron to shite mo shira rete imasu,] the icy Ninetales made sure Susie knew both versions of her names. Airin wrote her own name on the portable whiteboard ("Airin Fletcher") and raised it up for Susie to see. "I'm Brenna Siriana. Nice to meet you, Susie," [Atashi wa Jiriana Burenna desu. Yoroshiku ne, Sūjī-san,] Brenna introduced herself as well.

"Yes. I can pilot a lot of machineries too," [Hai. Watakushi mo takusan no kikai o sōjū dekimasu,] said humanoid robot confirmed. She didn't really care about when humans (or non-robotic creatures, for that matter) are supposed to be able to steer things, as Maria worded it. Not that it mattered anyway.

And then everyone noticed the thump. Snowy rushed to help Flamberge get back on her feet (?).

(First, "nice to meet you" is "yoroshiku onegaishimasu" (casual: "yoroshiku") in Japanese. And second, with both Susie and Meta Knight in the cast (though she hasn't noticed him yet as of now), I'm kinda tempted to throw Mecha Knight's origin story here...)

12. Azelflover1

Susie
    (Mankey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽636.3
    "Yoroshiku onegaishimsu, Sūjī. Warera wa Sōdonaito," [Nice to meet you, Susie. I'm Sword Knight,] says Sword, introducing himself. "Wareware wa Burēdonaito!" [I'm Blade Knight,] Blade also introduces himself. "Watashi wa Metanaitokyō," [I am Sir Meta Knight,] says Meta Knight. "Ore wa Bun!" [I'm Bun!] Bun introduces himself, as does Fumu. "Watashi wa Fūmu," [I'm Fumu,] she says. The toys also introduce themselves, as do the three Grass-types. "Fūmu, Wāpu Sutā wa bujina no ka?" [Fumu, is the Warp Star safe?] Meta Knight asks Fumu. She nods, holding the Warp Star close.

#852 Aug 3, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2022
  13. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Kotone and Belle
    (I would say... Blacky, since he probably has the strength)

Kotone broke into a grin. Was Blacky in the mood for games? “Gosh, you’re a really tough one to crack, aren’t you?” Kotone said, playfully tugging his arm in a mock tug-of-war. Belle rolled her eyes. Kotone let let Blacky take the lead on this one but tried to her best to be irritable. “Now, how could you know what Belle is saying?”

[Um… because he’s an Umbreon?] Belle squeaked. Honestly, just what was inside Kotone's head? Belle usually followed her Trainer around, so why of all places did she have to be stuck with the redhead? At the very least, Maria and Evergreen were nearby.

Maria and Evergreen Now that they were acquainted with their pilot, Maria said, "Okay, Ms. Susie! We definitely didn't expect Taranza to have brought some company. Will you be joining us?"

"You're pretty quick to make friends with strangers, Maria..." Evergreen quietly said.

14. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    Once she'd gotten back afloat with a little help from Snowy, Flamberge chimed in when she heard Maria's question. "I mean, we're all on this ship that's already headed for Nightmare HQ carrying an outsider army with it. There's not much of a point in not joining forces." Sure, maybe she was speaking for Susie, but she was pretty sure she was right - and it was worth a shot trying to convince the robot lady if she wasn't already set on joining.

15. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Blacky
    Duh, the Umbreon warrior rolled his eyes as he dragged Kotone back to the rest of the group. Well, at least Belle got it right. "As you can see, I'm an Umbreon, so I get what my fellow Pokémon's saying," he explained as best as he could. Although... a sword-wielder bipedal Umbreon might seem a bit weird to the girls and there's a good chance that Kotone, for one, might think of him as "a human in a full-body Umbreon cosplay" or something even though he wasn't even a gijinka to begin with. Why, he could even go quadrupedal mode if he wanted to.

Everyone else
    "Yoroshiku onegaishimasu, minasan," [It's nice to meet you all, everyone,] once again, Susie politely bowed to everyone present. It wasn't until then when her eyes met Meta Knight's. She'd already heard about the veteran hoshi no senshi and the fact that he'd been living in Planet Popstar for quite some time. It sure filled her with a lot of possibilities...

Wait. No. Nonono. That project could wait. She's not even in Popstar right now.

Shoving her random thought aside, Susie went on to address Maria's question. "Ms. Flamberge is right. Taranza told me about everything, including your plan to raid Nightmare's fortress," [Furan Rūju-san wa tadashīdesu. Taranza-san wa, Naitomea no yōsai o shūgeki suru keikaku o fukume, subete no koto o oshiete kuremashita,] she explained. This, in turn, earned her a half-embarrassed grin from the aforementioned spider wizard.

Meanwhile, looking around, the gijinkas could see someone missing from the foyer. "Where are Blacky and Kotone?" [Burakkī-san to Kotone-san wa doko da?] Airin asked, as usual, in writing. "Blacky? Kotone?" [Burakkī-san? Kotone-san?] curiosity ensued on Taranza's part. "Blacky is that black guy from last night and Kotone is the redhead human," [Burakkī-san wa sakuya no ano kokujin de, Kotone-san wa akage no ningen desu,] Brenna explained to him.

(Is it okay to introduce another translator device? If yes, I'll have Susie do that.)

#855 Aug 5, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2022
  16. Azelflover1

Susie
    (Mankey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽636.3
    (Yes, it is.)

17. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Soon enough, the ragtag trio of one human and two Pokémon managed to get back to the rest of the party. "Sorry, we're late," [Matasetana,] the otherworldly warrior made their arrival known to everyone else. Looking around, he eventually found the one Belle meant by "a new person": a pink-haired humanoid robot lady, Susie. Judging from what little did he got from her interactions, Blacky concluded that she must've already met Taranza previously.

The Umbreon then turned to Susie and asked, "You're the new person who came with Taranza, right?" [Sochira wa Taranza-san to issho ni kita atarashī hito desu yo ne?] to which she confirmed. "I'm Blacky, and these two fine ladies are Kotone Shiomi and Belle," [Boku wa Burakkī de, kono futari no sutekina josei wa Shiomi Kotone-san to Beru-san desu,] he introduced both himself and the two girls in tow to the party's newcomer.

18. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    (Evergreen is present for translation though; unless it's another translator device we can work in?)

Kotone had to puff her cheeks when Blacky dragged her all the way to where the voice was (even though she thought it was elsewhere). Belle, on the other hand, was more or less relieved that Blacky understood her in the first place. He was about the same as Evergreen! Which was impressive, Belle thought. She also blushed, being addressed as a 'fine lady'. That was flattering! That would usually be a remark for Evergreen.

Kotone would have liked to have inundated Blacky with more questions about his origin, were it not for the pink-haired humanoid robot. Impressed, Kotone tried shaking off Blacky's grip on her hand and bravely (or maybe stupidly) approached her up close. "Yoroshiku onegaishimasu, pairotto-san!" [Nice to meet you, Ms. Pilot!]

Speaking of Evergreen, she could only facepalm at Kotone. What kind of mind did this girl have? Moreover, she felt sorry for Belle who had the misery (so to speak) of sticking with the redhead when Belle normally travelled with a cool-headed Trainer. Kotone was certainly something else. If she and Maria had more time, they would have liked to have talked how approaching Nightmare's fortress would work.

19. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    "Oh, there you guys are!" Flamberge piped up. "By the way, Susie, how long do you think this ride is gonna take? We all gotta make sure we're ready when the attack starts."

20. Azelflover1

Susie
    (Mankey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽636.3
    A determined expression falls on Kirby's face, as he's ready for the big battle. He can defeat Nightmare, but how do they destroy his fortress? There should be some explosive rounds in the Destrayer, but where are they?