1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Pokemon: Evolution Quest (IC thread)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, Aug 24, 2020.

1. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,968.9
    “I see…” Atelier muttered. He put his grimoire away and greeted Epona. “Anything we can help you with?”

2. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,967.3
    @122 Generation

"I've come to guide you through here." Epona explained. "Many try to reach Piquedilly, but very few make it there without my help."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,694.8
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (Friendly warning: I was imagining Glimwood Tangle when I wrote this, haha.)

So now Blacky stood up from his kneeling position and listened a little to the conversation... wait, stories? The Umbreon raised an eyebrow. To be fair though, he wasn't even there when Aine (or any bards, for that matter) told Epona's tales and other whatnots.

That offer, though, was more than welcome. The forest itself was perpetually dark with luminescent mushrooms providing small circles of light at various points on the paths and tribes of not-so-hostile Hatenna, Impidimp, Galarian Ponyta (in general, not just Epona), Morelull, and many more living there. If Blacky used Flash here, the forest would've lost its charm.

He turned to the group, waiting for their responses before saying anything himself.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #3043 Mar 18, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2022
    WavePearl likes this.
  4. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,694.8
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
  5. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,967.3
    @SAF

(Aine's waiting too...)

6. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 39
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,268.4
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Xuehua, seeing Blacky turn to her, only shrugged back at him. If they trusted Epona, she supposed she had no choice but to go along with the rest of the team. Besides, it was in their best interests to have a guide to Piquedilly.

7. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,968.9
    Atelier rubbed his head. "The road is that dark, eh? I suppose anything helps." Now that he was more awake, he looked at the forest was considerably darker than he expected. It wouldn't be sensible to use fire spells, for one. So a source of light like Epona here might come in handy.

8. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,967.3
    @SAF @122 Generation @ChocoChicken

"If you are ready, come with me." With that, Epona galloped off into the wood. Aine was not far behind, making sure to keep the divine Ponyta in view.

9. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,694.8
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    And there Epona went. Blacky wasted no time chasing them with his blue markings glowing in the dark. All while wondering whether Epona practically showed themself up to everyone going from and to Piquedilly or just to some certain people...

(CMIIW for Epona's pronouns, by the way.)

10. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,967.3
    @SAF

(Epona is most often identified as female, but she does have some male names and titles--so a they/them pronoun works.)

11. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,968.9
    Atelier glanced at Xuehua and Aine before following Epona and Blacky. Judging from how Aine recognised the Ponyta in an instant, he surmised she must be quite famous. He kept his grimoire under his arm and walked forward.

12. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 39
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,268.4
    Once again Xuehua brought up the rear, focusing on her teammate's blue rings as they progressed. Though Aine and the others seemed to trust Epona enough, had they just happened across the group, or had the legendary steed - if they were who Aine thought they were - sought them out specifically...?

13. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,967.3
    @ChocoChicken

Aine noticed Xuehua in thought. "Is something wrong?"

14. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 39
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,268.4
    "Oh! Sorry, I just... hehe, I mean..." Xuehua began before continuing in a low voice. "Is the legendary steed this commonly seen? And you're sure this is Epona, right?"

15. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,967.3
    @ChocoChicken

(you know this, but your character doesn't--it is the real Epona)

Aine nodded. "Epona is said to guide travelers to Piquedilly, in between her adventures."

16. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,694.8
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Blacky's ears soon perked at Aine's explanation about Epona. "Does Epona show up to practically everyone or just to some people...?" his voice trailed off as he asked.

17. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,967.3
    @SAF

"She appears to help heroes and heroines complete their quests." Aine explains.

Epona nods in agreement. "Just as I have assisted many others, now I assist you on your journey to defeat the Dragon Kings, and restore peace to the land."

18. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,968.9
    "I suppose that makes us heroes then," Atelier said. Having taken down a number of Dragon Kings already, he supposed it was no surprise that someone like Epona would have heard of their exploits. This was despite Atelier still not aware of the historical context of the Dragon Kings (which, he didn't need reminding, would cause Xuehua to boil).

WavePearl likes this.
  19. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,694.8
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "And we're still halfway there," Blacky chimed in. Four down, four to go, hence "still halfway there". Heck, he wouldn't be surprised if the next four Dragon Kings would have their defences reinforced.

"Oh, by the way," he turned to the divine steed. "How if there are some bad guys trying to get through here? Would you guide them to a dead end or something? Or would you not show up at all?"

20. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 39
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,268.4
    Well, if everyone else was on-board, Xuehua could only give a tentative nod and be prepared for whatever happened. She continued onwards with the rest of the group, paying close attention to their conversations with Epona.