1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Pokemon: Evolution Quest (IC thread)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, Aug 24, 2020.

1. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @Laserdragon14 @sanianisa @ChocoChicken @RadEmpoleon

Our adventure begins now!

The sun was high overhead the small town of Summerton as preparations for the summer festival got underway. In addition to flowers over every door, and banners on every building, minstrels, merchants, actors, and other performers and traders were arriving almost daily.

Among all the new arrivals was a Sylveon whose fur glowed with a soft blue aura. While her mind was focused on the festival, she couldn't get the Dragon Kings, and how they were abusing the power of the eight Jewels of Light out of her mind. Were there heroes to help her hidden within the festive atmosphere?

There was only one way to find out...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Among the newly-arrived crowd was Blacky, an Umbreon with blue markings instead of the usual yellow. He looked at a photo of the one he's supposed to meet: a beautiful, blue Sylveon named Aine. According to his Jolteon master, she was on her way to Summerton when Blacky took off from Kickenham, so she must be there anytime soon. Arceus knows how and where his master got that photo, though.
    Blue Sylveon, huh?
    He put the photo in his bag, then started looking around.

A little bit later, Blacky caught a sight of the blue Sylveon he's been looking for. He immediately caught up with them.
    "Excuse me, do you know where Lady Aine is?" he asked the Sylveon.

(I'll edit the <Ardamore's version of Hammerlocke> part when its name is confirmed Well, Wave had confirmed that Hammerlocke is Kickenham in this RP-verse.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 Aug 24, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  3. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @sanianisa

(I will reveal its name here shortly, but it won't go on the list of places until we get there)

"I am her, and she is me." Aine smiled. "What is it you need from me?"

4. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "I'm Blacky," the Umbreon bowed.
    "My master wants me to assist you in your endeavours."

5. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Starlight walked into the festival grounds, completely in fixated on the different colored flowers that were being used as decorations.
    "Some of these look like the flowers that grew near home..." Starlight said to herself, thinking about the better memories.

6. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @sanianisa

Aine was still confused. "How is it you wish to help me? I am well aware that no hero ever fights alone."

7. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Blacky thought for a moment. "If you allow me to, I can be your bodyguard or something," he said.

8. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,366.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Not too far away, Xuehua next to a street light, sitting at the corner with a book in her paws. Several people almost bumped into her, but she didn't even seem to notice, enamored by the pages within.

9. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @ChocoChicken

(what book is she reading? This will affect Aine's reaction)

@sanianisa

Aine smiled. "Anyone that wishes to slay or otherwise drive off the Dragon Kings is welcome to join me. They have bothered Ardamore long enough!"

10. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Yay-! Blacky thought. Not that he would say it out loud anyway. Instead, he just bowed to Aine and said, "Thank you, ma'am."
    Both Blacky and his master were pretty much aware about the Dragon Kings and all their shenanigans. Since the master was busy dealing with his own stuffs, he sent Blacky to this journey on his behalf.
    "And now... I wonder if more people gonna join us in this quest..." the Umbreon looked at the crowd, wondering.

11. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,366.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    @WavePearl
    (From a distance, it looks like she studiously going over her spells, but she's actually hiding a murder mystery novel on the inside of the first book.)

12. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @ChocoChicken

(These kinds of stories in this world usually involve a magic user solving the mystery.)

13. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Starlight collected herself and started looking around at other areas of the festival groups. She silently hopes to see some kind of friendly face to talk to. Her gaze soon lands on a blue Sylveon.
    "I've never seen a sylveon of that color before," Starlight commented.

14. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @Laserdragon14

(I'll hold back until our two newcomers arrive and make their first posts)

SAF and Laserdragon14 like this.
  15. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,152.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Aroma wandered the paths of the festival grounds, her bag dangling by her side, in search of a fellow Sylveon. She was told it was of a different color other than the usual pink- she wondered what it could possibly look like. She was dazzled by the sights and smells of the festival, and may have gotten sidetracked once or twice by some of the street markets.

16. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
  17. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    @sanianisa (No clue, hehe...)

A certain Eevee, wearing a robe from a faraway land, made his way through crowds carrying a bag full of books. Having heard a Sylveon's plea for help, and wishing to explore this foreign land, Atelier arrived in Summerton quietly. To think he wanted to spend some time reading his latest novel or study spells in his tomes. Now that he had a good look at the festival, it sort of reminded him of his home, where festivals happened every so often.

"Where could this Sylveon be?" he muttered. To some, it was a wonder how an Eevee like him could haul a very heavy bag of books. To Atelier, he was used to the weight.

18. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,004.3
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    (@sanianisa Don't worry. I'm working on it.)

Meanwhile, somewhere nearby, a Flareon sniffed loudly and rubbed its eyes with its paw before proceeding through the crowd. "Just great," he murmured to himself, "This is just what I needed. Dirt, dander and pollen in massive quantities because I had to meet someone in a stupid festival. I can barely see anymore, and if I-ah, ah, ah..." The Flareon was reeling back, feeling a huge sneeze coming along. He stood there for a moment, ready for the inevitable, when he realized it was a false alarm, and he sighed and relaxed, sniffing loudly to get any irritations out of his sinus.

"Whew, that was close." The Flareon thought about what might happen if the allergens in the air did cause him to blow. That alone suddenly gave him cold feet about having to actually meet others when that would be their first impression of him. "Mmmaybe I can still turn around and head back home. My parents will be disappointed, but what else is new? Okay, let's get out of here before anyone important notices." Having affirmed with himself on his cowardly plan, he quickly turned around and began to make his way through the crowd back from whence he came, wishing to avoid anyone that looked like a powerful Eeveelution warrior.

19. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @Laserdragon14 @sanianisa @ChocoChicken @RadEmpoleon @122 Generation @Kecleon352

(If you need help finding Aine, you can often hear her before you see her. That and the show as we know it would be epic poetry, folktales, and songs in this world--"The Legend of Ash the Hero" is a well known epic poem most any Pokémon would know in this world.)

Aine's skill list:

--Voice (a clear and heroic soprano)
    --Plucked string (lute, mandolin, and harp)
    --Bowed string (fiddle)
    --Wind (flute)
    --Storytelling
    --Epic poetry

#19 Aug 26, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    SAF and Laserdragon14 like this.
  20. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (Also, since Blacky is already with Aine at the moment, you might spot a shiny Umbreon alongside the shiny Sylveon.)

"This place sure is quite festive, I'll give 'em that," Blacky mused. It's summer festival, after all.