1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Pokemon: Evolution Quest (IC thread)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, Aug 24, 2020.

1. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    (Sorry, been busy with stuff.)
    Taking a seat at the edge of the closest table, Xuehua kept her ears up. "Lost Chamber of Souls", "princess", or anything to do with "Thunder" was at the forefront of her attention - be it some passerby's pet name, some people discussing moves, she couldn't let a word slip. Perhaps she could grab lesser-known information that way....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    122 Generation likes this.
  2. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @122 Generation

Aine gasped when she saw the beautiful shining flute. "It's beautiful! I'll give it a test play somewhere later."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Atelier was more than happy to hand over the flute to Aine. "Looking forward to how it sounds." He was also reminded that he had to hand over the gauntlets over to Xuehua, who might end up being on the front lines for this campaign. It did worry him a little, since he knew Xuehua had a tendency for being reckless in combat. In that case, it seemed more fitting that he pair with her on the front lines.

"Has anyone seen Xuehua, by the way?" he said.

Balance: 25,300C
    Inventory: ?x Books and Novels, 1x Journal, 1x Strategy Book, 1x , 1x Middle Rune of the Moon, 1x Watera Tome (SotS), 1x Firaga Tome, 1x Lunar Tome (CdL), 1x Steel Short Sword, 2x Thundara Gauntlets, 1x Eevee Scarf, 10x Geo Pebbles, 10x Gravelerocks, 2x Aloe Vera, 1x Kettle and Cup Set
    Equipped: Ethereal Grimoire

4. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Baiting the Dragon King out from his den sounded like a solid strategy in theory -- wait, it did work well with the Water one. This time it looked like Atelier and Xuehua would be the ones tanking the attacks with their Thundara Gauntlets this time. Although, speaking of armour, Blacky had to check his Heavenly Yellow Shield once more later.

Speaking of Xuehua though, Blacky hadn't seen her after entering Piquedilly. The Umbreon shook his head as a nonverbal "Nope, haven't seen her."

(Well, Wave, I'd say some tavern rumors would be nice for Xuehua here.)

5. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @ChocoChicken

So far the rumors focused on the Thundering Mountain, a mountain wreathed in an eternal storm. Some said it was the Thunder Dragon King creating the storm, while others believed the mountain was cursed.

6. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Thundering Mountain... Xuehua mulled the words over in her head. That was probably where they were headed. The theory that this storm was created by the Thunder King could absolutely be true - knowing what that other false King was capable of doing, a neverending light-mare could absolutely be attributed to that.
    But the curse theory caught her full attention. She hadn't looked into the Kings as much as Aine or other researchers had, but if it wasn't the Thunder King that cursed the mountain... who could've? And if that curse had been inherited... how long had these false Kings even been around? Xuehua made a note to ask her companions later. Perhaps they'd know more than she did.

WavePearl likes this.
  7. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    "I sure hope she's okay. I've got a present for her," Atelier muttered. So it seemed simple enough. Upwards was the only way forwards. There was no telling which path up the mountain was the right one since the lightning strikes had a tendency to alter the direction of the paths every time. So it seemed like it was a game of chance that they could either end up collecting treasure or fight a Slime or two. Perhaps things may be more obvious once they got close to the mountaintop cave.

WavePearl likes this.
  8. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Actually, nah. Better check it now than later. I used it just once and it was a passive one. Shouldn't be that bad, right?

So Blacky checked his Heavenly Yellow Shield for real... and it turned out to be somewhat alright. A little dented due to previous usage, but not broken enough to warrant either a full repair or a new one entirely.

#3188 Apr 30, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2022
  9. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @SAF

(It would still be a good idea to repair it, though...)

10. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Atelier looked at Blacky. "Oh? What's that you've got there?"

11. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "Heavenly Yellow Shield from that water palace," Blacky replied now that Atelier caught a glimpse (?) of the shield. "Still good, though a little bit dented."

WavePearl likes this.
  12. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "It does protect against thunder, actually," the Umbreon warrior mused. "Should I save it for the Dragon King or...?"

13. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @SAF

Aine noticeed the dents. "Should we get that repaired...?"

14. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Atelier chuckled. "You could save that for the Dragon King, assuming there are no cracks on it. I'm sure a blacksmith can hammer it back to shape no problem."

Wigglytuff walked into the library. "Hello there, friends! Did you find everything you need?"

"Yes indeed," Atelier replied, showing Wigglytuff the map. "Seems the lair is quite the hike."

"Ah yes. That place is crawling with cute and cuddly Slimes!" Wigglytuff broke into a wide grin. "Be sure to pack lots of water, snacks, and armour. I'm sure the local guard would appreciate it if you could help ensure the security of Piquedilly. You've got this!"

15. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "Yeah, right." Note to self, get this thing to a smith ASAP.

Before Blacky could react even further, the guildmaster himself came to the library. He gave them all some suggestions. Even the general ones should be helpful here. "Actually," the Umbreon raised a paw to (hopefully) get Wigglytuff's attention. "Do you know anyone who can just fly through the storm? The thunderstorms, I mean."

16. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Wigglytuff looked away as if lost in thought. "Hmm... Nope! Haven't a clue! Although I have heard that there is a local Drifblim who likes to just float around the mountain. Haven't had any incidents reported, but that was before the thunderstorms came. You may have to ask him. He might get you halfway up the mountain at best."

WavePearl, ChocoChicken and SAF like this.
  17. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @WavePearl @122 Generation

"Well, then," Blacky turned to Aine and Atelier. "Think we should try that?" By "that", he meant asking the local Drifblim per Wigglytuff's suggestion:

18. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @SAF

"That would be worth a try..." Aine mused. "They may know a secret way in..."

19. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    "I have no objections," Atelier said. "Although I hope none of us are afraid of heights. Guildmaster, where will we find the Drifblim?"

But Wigglytuff was absentmindedly munching away at the Perfect Apple instead, as if Atelier's question went through one ear and out the other. Sighing, Atelier turned to Aine and Blacky. "We could start looking around the city, I suppose."

20. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Shaking his head at the guildmaster's attitude, Blacky couldn't help but to wonder how much experience this guy actually had behind his seemingly random shenanigans (especially that Perfect Apple episode). And yet, he decided not to say anything about that. Instead, he simply stood up and told everyone nearby, "Oh, well. If y'all excuse me, I have a shield to fix."

That said, the Umbreon left the guild (not just the library) and made his way to the local smithy.

(I think Atelier might want to sketch out the layout of Shadow DK's lair in his book of battle strategies...)

#3200 May 5, 2022
    Last edited: May 5, 2022
    WavePearl likes this.