1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Pokemon: Evolution Quest (IC thread)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, Aug 24, 2020.

1. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @SAF @122 Generation @ChocoChicken

"I'll have some mint hot chocolate, please..." Aine told the waitress. Her ribbons still jingled with the cold, but the tavern keeper starting a welcoming fire was a welcome sight

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "Uh, Xuehua? Are you sure you just want some water?" Blacky's concern finally got to him. "Or should it be ice water or something?"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,366.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    "I'll be fine, seriously! My body's just complaining and needs a minute... wait, do they have ice water in here?" Xuehua paused, turning back to the waitress a bit sheepishly. "I... would like that. Please, and thank you."

4. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @SAF @122 Generation @ChocoChicken

The waitress nodded. "I'll be back with your drinks shortly..."

The fire and the aroma from the tavern kitchen melded into a warm and inviting scent--a far cry from the swirling snow outside.

5. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Now that all everyone could do was to wait, Blacky took in all the warmth he could get before going out in the cold again. And oh, might as well listen in on any rumours (if there's any) while at it.

(Go ahead and throw rumors in here~)

122 Generation likes this.
  6. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @SAF

(Aine could perform for some rumors...)

7. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (If she wants to, go ahead.)

8. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @SAF

(working in some SV lore...)

Like any tavern worth its salt, there was a stage for traveling minstrels to perform. Aine wasted no time in coming onstage and tuning up...

9. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,366.0
    @WavePearl (I think for now it's best to keep this as Sw/Sh, since it's generally themed about that. SV easter eggs could work as like a song about a faraway land maybe?)
    Slowly, but surely, Xuehua adjusted to the warmth of the tavern. In the meantime, she kept her ears open for any rumors - if she heard the word 'dragon' her full attention would swap to that conversation, even if it was something about a "dragon-type" or a passing "today's work sure dragged on".

10. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @ChocoChicken

(That's kinda what I am planning, some SV references (or known SV stuff) as ballads for Aine to perform.)

11. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,366.0
    @WavePearl (In that case, I think it would make sense lore-wise. Maybe a retelling of Don Quixote as Don Quaxote? I'll admit I'm not 100% caught up with the SV lore, mostly just the Pokémon haha)

WavePearl, 122 Generation and SAF like this.
  12. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    (I agree. Again, as per OOC thread, limiting the amount of SV content would be preferable since we already have enough on our plate in this universe. Mentioning the SV Pokémon should be enough for our purposes)

Atelier was still slightly worried about Xuehua's condition with regards to heat and all that. Like Xuehua, he also sat patiently, waiting for his order, and kept his ears out for anything that might clue him in on the situation here - if any.

ChocoChicken, WavePearl and SAF like this.
  13. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,366.0
    So far there hadn't been a word about what the Dragon around Ludester could be. Knowing that Aine had apparently extensive research on the Earth king, Xuehua would have been inclined to ask her, but the latter appeared to be busy with a performance. For now she just struck up conversation with the other two - in a low voice, just so they could still at least keep one ear out. "Heard anything yet?"

WavePearl likes this.
  14. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Atelier shook his head at Xuehua. “Afraid not. Maybe Aine might have better luck.” That said, he took out one of his novels and started to read. It felt relaxing like this, to curl up over a hot drink while reading a book.

15. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @Level of Violence @122 Generation @ChiliChicken

With one last triumphant high note and a mandolin strum, Aine concluded a ballad of a mage apprentice and her faithful Sprigatito. "Thank you!" she smiled at the cheering crowd as coins rained in the mandolin case...

16. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Atelier looked up from his novel. Well! If this wasn't the best atmosphere to read a book, then Aine made it better. He went back to read a few more pages before turning his attention back to Aine. Now, would her performance be able to draw in a rumour or two?

17. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @122 Generation

(how do you want this rumor? Random tavern patron, or Aine tells you directly?)

18. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,366.0
    (I think it would be better to overhear it, since Aine delivered the last batch of rumors.)

19. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (Iirc, we once talked about a random rumor of a "mirage glacier" in the OOC thread...)

While sipping his own drink (I assume the drinks had already came at this point) and listening to Aine's ballad, Blacky's ears perked up when some random patrons had a talk about... a glacier? In a tundra? Even though it was pretty muffled with the songs filling the air, Blacky still tried to listen in.

WavePearl likes this.
  20. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    (Been a while since that post, eh? Sure. I agree that we can overhear it from a patron or two)

Atelier noticed Blacky's reaction - and ears - in time that he too tuned in. He heard something about the glacier being mobile and never in just one spot, like a mirage. He put down his cup just to listen more.

WavePearl likes this.