1. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Pokemon: Evolution Quest (IC thread)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, Aug 24, 2020.

1. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,599.8
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Library
    "Really? Great!" Mawile perked up with glee when Xuehua mentioned about having access to some of the Dynamaxing methods. "But unfortunately, it's limited to one per team in a combat session," she addressed her second remark. "So if, say, someone's already used the Prismatic Orb to Dynamax, then the other two can't be used by their teammates to Dynamax in the same battle. Their other effects, however, are still fair game." By "the other two", she meant both the Swanna Song and Ethereal Grimoire, all while being unaware that Aine could sing the former and Atelier had access to the latter.

Looking at the book again, the Expedition Society's historian frowned. "You'll want to ask an archmage for how to evoke it, though. It's not covered in this book," she suggested.

Coffee shop
    To Atelier's remark about the history of the sword, Josson merely nodded after taking another sip of his coffee. "Blacky had this sword upgraded recently. He's still busy visiting the guilds around here, so I offered to pick it up for him," he answered the Eevee's question while at it.

Bright Harp guild
    Unlike the previously straightforward spiels about Spikeford's situation, Aine's version was packed in a beautifully moving song this time. There was not a dry eye in the room -- Celine, for one, was particularly reminded of her biological brother living in that one cursed town. So much that Blacky had to pull her into a hug. Chief Ampharos, meanwhile, looked a bit more pensive considering the mission at hand. And Archen? He couldn't help but to clench his jaws in righteous fury.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #4301 Oct 4, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2023
    WavePearl likes this.
  2. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,914.9
    "I see. That's very kind of you," Atelier replied. "If it will be of any strategic advantage, would you know what sort of upgrades the sword has?"

Swirlix looked outside. She wondered when it would be time when everyone was finished with their errands.

WavePearl likes this.
  3. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,599.8
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Buizel & Bunnelby Having already finished their shopping session, Buizel and Bunnelby went back to the inn in hopes of meeting the others. But alas, no one was actually there -- none that they could recognize anyway. So the two decided to wait with tea and scones in hand...

Library @Fletchking

Having finished with her note-taking, Mawile closed all the books laying around her, both her notebook and the references. She then turned to Xuehua and asked, "Now, what else do you need?" Unless Xuehua had anything else to say, Mawile would leave for the inn.

Coffee shop
    "Three silvers, according to the blacksmith. It should be more durable now," Josson explained, unaware of whatever strategical values Atelier might see from it. "And as for the other sword, it's my one and only. I can switch my spellblades at the drop of a hat," he added. This means, unlike Blacky, Josson wouldn't need to carry any elemental blades with him.

Bright Harp guild @WavePearl

"So," Chief Ampharos turned to Meloetta as soon as the song ended and everyone managed to recover. "Will you aid us?"

#4303 Oct 18, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2023
  4. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,884.7
    @El Nino

Meloetta brushed away a tear, moved by Aine's elegy for Spikeford. "Yes--name what you'd like me to do, and I will do my part to make Spikeford sing a song of freedom again."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,599.8
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "Well, if you can send some people for the raid, that would be nice," Blacky requested after some deliberation, "Because Spikeford people won't like us hunting their dragon overlord down."

WavePearl likes this.
  6. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,884.7
    @El Nino

(Just who could Meloetta send, out of curiosity?)

7. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,599.8
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (Hmm... no ideas come to me at the moment.

@Fletchking @122 Generation any suggestions? This is a minstrel's guild we're talking about.)

8. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,174.4
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    If there are other magic bards, I can see them being used to strengthen the defense or provide healing for the rest of the troops as they go in.

WavePearl likes this.
  9. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,914.9
    Silver? Atelier's eyes flickered with interest at the strategic potential the sword would have. Not only would it pack more firepower but it could possibly work as perfect tanking material like the party's earlier raids. Conventional strategy told him that Blacky could lead the charge while he and Xuehua would fire from the background, and Aine would be acting as a support member for everyone. However, the upgraded sword could also make Blacky serve as a vanguard in case if the party needed to retreat in any way.

"You remind me of myself and my tomes," Atelier replied. "Granted, my tomes are consumable, so there's that."

Swirlix could have sworn she smelled scones out there.
    (Meloetta could send either reinforcements or a mobile support group - like a mobile hospital for serious injuries. If we're going to make this dungeon particularly difficult, then it's not a bad idea. Basically what Choco said)

WavePearl likes this.
  10. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,884.7
    @122 Generation

"You have my word that I will do anything I can to help liberate Spikeford." Meloetta smiled. "For the moment, I will rally some of the guild's warsingers to help in the fight."

11. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,599.8
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Library @Fletchking

Seeing that Xuehua didn't seem to have anything else to say, Mawile stood up and gathered her belongings. "Well, if you'll excuse me, I have to go." And with that, she left the library to join Buizel and Bunnelby at the inn.

Coffee shop @122 Generation (Remember when I said that future Blacky can do different elemental spellblades on the same sword but present Blacky can't do it yet? I'm giving the ability to Josson here.)

Okay, so apparently Josson's ability reminded Atelier of his tomes -- or so the Eevee said. The Jolteon knight raised an eyebrow out of curiosity. "Do you change your tomes often in battle?" he asked.

Bright Harp guild
    Yes, Celine's face brightened upon hearing Meloetta agreeing to lend them her aid. Blacky and the others looked equally relieved too. "Thank you~" the Fennekin said. "We'll let you know when we'll start the raid. Until then, you better start preparing yourselves," the Umbreon added. "Yourselves", not "yourself", because he's referring to the guild's warsingers.

(Remind me, has anyone appealed to the mage guild -- Violet Dawn guild?)

122 Generation and WavePearl like this.
  12. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,174.4
    (Xuehua can handle that part.)
    Now that Mawile had left, Xuehua didn't find much in the way of her own research on the Orb, anyway. Well, so far she'd been doing fine. Perhaps the local mage's guild would have more answers? With that in mind, she set off for that building.

WavePearl likes this.
  13. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,599.8
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @Fletchking (@WavePearl Tend to Xuehua's needs, please? She's in the mage's guild -- Violet Dawn -- right now iirc.)

After their business with the Bright Harp guild was over, Blacky, Chief Ampharos, Celine, and Archen made their way to the Violet Dawn guild. Y'know, the mage's guild in town. It was the next one on their list, though little did they know that Xuehua would be already there by the time they arrived at the guild.

And Aine? She could either tag along or go back to the inn or even go somewhere else if she had another errand...

14. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,884.7
    @Fletchking

The Violet Dawn headquarters definitely evoked a sunset--and inside was all the more beautiful. Good day, traveler. the Espeon archmage smiled. How may I assist you?

15. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,914.9
    "Um... Not really often, no. It takes too much effort to pull the tome out of my bag and then I have to store the other one. These things aren't light," Atelier replied. To prove his point, he showed Josson what it was like to hold three tomes at once and having one open. It looked difficult. "I do have the Ethereal Grimoire though, which made life a little easier, but I can't just have all my spells in one book. That would be hard to manage, and I'd have to flip through countless pages and so on. Then I have to repair them after battle."

Swirlix watched outside for anyone who passed by. She wondered how long preparations would take. Maybe she should stock up on supplies for everyone.

16. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,599.8
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Apparently one demonstration was enough to get the point across. Josson could immediately see how switching tomes could be quite a hassle in battle -- unlike switching spellblades on the same sword (which Blacky had yet to learn, by the way). "I see," he nodded in understanding. After all, every weapon has its own challenges to wield, he surmised.

Once the Jolteon knight downed his coffee, he stood up to get ready to go back to the inn. "Well, time to go back," he said. Atelier and Swirlix are welcome to tag along, of course.

(Still waiting for @Fletchking to say something about this:
    ...before I move on with Blacky's side of the story.)

17. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,174.4
    As Xuehua stepped into the guild, she prepared to ask about the Orb - but a thought dawned on her, much like the guild name. "Actually, do you have any mage mercenaries for hire? My team is going into a large battle soon, and we will need every soldier you can provide."

18. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,884.7
    @Fletchking

The ruby on the Espeon's forehead glinted--a sign she was seeing a vision, or reading someone's thoughts. I know very well the turmoil in Spikeford--and you will need some powerful mages to assist in turning the tides. I can send some of our strongest to join the fight.

19. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,174.4
    "Thank you for your assistance." Xuehua gave a full bow.
    Now that they knew they would have a full army, perhaps when she rendezvoused with the others, they would have to change their strategy to fit. Would the army work best as a distraction? Or would it be better to split them up and continue with the sneaking? Who knew how powerful the Spikeford mages were now, after all this time. The last thing she wanted was for their hired mob to fall as well.

WavePearl likes this.
  20. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,599.8
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @Fletchking @WavePearl

So now Blacky and co. entered the Violet Dawn guild... only to find a certain Glaceon there, talking to an Espeon (someone from the guild, maybe?) about mage mercenaries for hire. Huh. Was it her way to recruit more people? Oh well, if it's done, then it's done. Hopefully.

(Quick question: Can Blacky and co. overhear what the archmage said? Or is it just for Xuehua?)