1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

1x1 Pokemon: The Warriors of Gaia (WavePearlxSAF)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, Nov 9, 2020.

1. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @SAF

"Prince Brian, meanwhile, traveled on until he came to the banks of a river." Brock went on. "Tired and hungry, he got down from his Ponyta and started on his lunch. While he was eating, Kitsune came to him."

“Please, young sir, give me a little of your food.” Serena fills in Kitsune's line.

“Fear not, Lady Kitsune; I see you are more hungry than I, but there is enough for us both.” Ash jumps in the role of Prince Brian.

"So he divided all his supplies in half--one for him, and one for Kitsune." Brock went on. "When Kitsune had eaten her fill, she said..."

“You have fed me well, so in return I will serve you well; mount your Ponyta and follow me." Serena smiles as Kitsune. "If you do everything I tell you to do, Moltres will be yours.”

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Alvin smirked when his wild guess turned out to be right all along. See?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @SAF

"She set off flying before Prince Brian, leaping over mountains, soaring over ravines, and crossing rivers as easily as solid ground. " Brock went on over some glisses to simulate running. "Prince Brian followed at a gallop, without the slightest wish to stop, until they came to a castle built of gold."

“Moltres is in this castle. You must enter exactly at noon, for then the guards will be asleep, and you will pass unnoticed." Serena explained in character as the harp's last note faded. "Beware of stopping anywhere. In the first room you will find twelve birds black as night, in golden cages; in the second, twelve golden birds in wooden cages; in the third, Moltres, the bird of fire, roosting on her perch. Near her are two cages, one of wood and the other of gold; be sure you put her in the wooden cage."

#323 Dec 29, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
  4. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Okay, this should be quite confusing if you don't pay attention. At least that's what the story implied.

5. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @SAF

"Prince Brian entered the castle, and found everything as Kitsune had said." Brock went on. "In his excitement of handling such a beautiful Pokémon, he accidentally placed Moltres in the gold cage, which caused her to scream in panic and wake up the guards."

The audience gasped at the turn of events "The guards caught Prince Brian, and dragged him before the king."

He and Ash proceed to act out the awkward dialogue between the hero and the king:

“Thief, who are you to have dared to steal Moltres?”

“I am not a thief...I have come to reclaim a thief whom you protect. I am the son of a king, and in my father’s gardens is a Leppa Berry tree that bears glittering crystal fruit. In the night your bird robbed us of our golden Leppa Berries. Though I watched and wounded her, I could not catch her. My father is dying with grief because of this, and the only remedy that can save and restore him to health, is that he may listen to Moltres' exquisite song."

“You may have her on one condition--that you bring me Epona, the shining Ponyta with the sapphire mane.”

Applause goes up at the boys' acting. "So Prince Brian left empty-handed. Brock sighs as himself as Serena arrives to comfort a "crying" Ash.

"Cry not, Sir Brian--I know you did not mean to disobey me, but your haste led you to this predicament, and so now you must find a way out of it." Serena gently scolds Ash as Kitsune.

“I admit it was my own fault, and for that I beg your forgiveness." Ash sighs as Prince Brian. "I want your advice: how I am to get Epona?”

“I know how it can be done, and I will help you once again as a sign of my forgiveness. Follow me, and do as I tell you.” Serena smiles as Kitsune.

6. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Both Alvin and Libero facepalmed at this point. That sure was one hell of plot twist, alright.

7. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @SAF

"Kitsune ran on ahead, clearing the path for Prince Brian. Prince Brian followed at a gallop, until they came to a castle built entirely of silver." Brock narrated over a soft "traveling melody.

“In that castle lives the Legendary steed Epona. You have to go exactly at noon, when the guards are asleep." Serena explains as Kitsune. "Whatever you do, do not stop anywhere. You must pass through three stables. In the first are twelve shining Ponytas with golden bridles; in the second, twelve normal Ponytas with black bridles; in the third stands Epona in front of her manger, and she shines the brightest of all. Near her are two bridles, one of gold, the other of leather. Whatever you do, do not pick up the gold bridle if you can help it, or you will regret it.”

8. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Since Alvin had already seen Kantonian Ponyta during his whole trip in this world (and tried not to get too excited about it), he couldn't help but to wonder, Shining Ponyta? Like, shiny? Or even what Alicorn was when sis caught him back then?

And as for Epona, the redhead boy first knew the name from a Zelda game, but couldn't pinpoint what it was due to the sheer amount of games he had played back home.

9. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @SAF

(In this Pokeworld (and the real one), Epona is an important character in folklore, so that's where the Zelda version came from.)

10. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (To be fair though, the twins grew up with ocean-related folklores prior to their adventure as gym challengers, so Zelda games would be their first introduction to Epona. And about this:
    What does "shining Ponyta" mean in the lore?)

11. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @SAF

(By "shining Ponyta", Brock means the blue maned Kantonian Ponyta)

12. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Oh well, whatever, Alvin shrugged. I'll check the Pokédex app later.

(And now, to pick up where we left off...)

13. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @SAF

"So Prince Brian waited until the appointed time, and then entered the castle, finding everything as Kitsune had said." Brock went on. In the third stable stood Epona, eating the grain of heaven from her silver trough. She was so beautiful that Prince Brian could not take his eyes off her. In his zeal to handle the Legendary steed he had heard about in endless bedtime stories, he grabbed the gold bridle by mistake."

"Ooh"s fill the room as Brock intones "Epona made so much racket it woke the guards, and Prince Brian was again dragged before the king."

14. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Again, Alvin facepalmed. When would the prince ever learn tho?

15. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @SAF

"Prince Brian told the silver king everything, hiding nothing, and he hoped His Majesty would give him Epona as a gift." Brock went on. "The king agreed to this, but on one condition--that our hero would find Christine, the Maiden with the Sapphire Eyes, said to be the most beautiful lady in the world. Kitsune was waiting in the forest for Prince Brian, and when she saw him come back without the Ponyta, she knew what had happened."

"See how your haste has got you in trouble again?" Serena scolds Ash as Kitsune.

“Please, I confess that I disobeyed you. But have mercy on me and help me out of this predicament.” Ash pleads in character.

“Very well--since you have admitted your fault and genuinely wish to make things right again, I forgive you, and will help you once more." Serena replies in character. "If you do as you are told, you may learn there is a time to rush, and a time to take it slow. So, let's go!" Some giggle at Serena's witty wordplay.

16. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    As with some of the audience, Alvin couldn't help but to giggle at Serena's part. He was willing to guess that it's gonna be a case of "third time's the charm"... or was it?

17. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @SAF

:So Kitsune ran on ahead, clearing the road, until they reached the shores of the northern sea." Brock narrated.

“That palace over there is the residence of the Queen of the Ocean Kingdom." Serena explains in character ." She has three daughters; Christine is the youngest, and it is she who has the sapphire eyes. First go to the queen and ask her to give you one of her daughters in marriage. If she accepts your proposal, she will ask you to choose one of them--take the princess who is plainly dressed. Though she may be humble in appearance, her eyes are a piercing blue, and this is why she is called the Maiden with the Sapphire Eyes."

18. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Libero fidgeted as he couldn't be patient anymore. Sensing this, Alvin whispered to his Cinderace, "Uh, dude? You okay?" only for said Cinderace to flinch. Sure, Alvin was a little bit impatient too, but his concern to Libero's impatience won over it.

#338 Jan 2, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  19. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @SAF

"The queen received him most graciously, and when he explained the reason for his visit, she led him into a room where the three daughters were spinning." Brock went on. "They were so much alike that an untrained eye could not tell them apart, and all so lovely that when Prince Brian looked at them, his heart pounded in excitement. The first lady wore a gown and veil embroidered with gold, and used a golden distaff; the second had on a gown embroidered with silver and held a silver distaff; and the third wore a gown and veil of dazzling white, with a wooden distaff. When told to make his choice, Prince Brian pointed to the maiden clothed in white."

He played a major chord to signal his hero had chosen correctly.

20. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Sighing in relief, Libero proceeded to hug Alvin. It's as if he reassured him with an "I'm fine, mate."