1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

1x1 Pokemon: The Warriors of Gaia (WavePearlxSAF)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, Nov 9, 2020.

1. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @SAF @NaruhinaKage

In a fantastic Pokémon world far from the one we know, the earth goddess Gaia, through Arceus, commanded the nature god Pokémon Calyrex to watch over and protect the elements of nature--earth, fire, wind, water, thunder, ice, the cosmos, and light.

But even a god sometimes needs a little help--and Calyrex knew he could not protect the world alone.

So he sought out warriors--all of them well versed in their chosen fighting form. He commanded these warriors to build grand dojos all across the land, and train others to protect peace, justice, and all that was good and pure.

Hundreds upon thousands of beautiful dojos were built, and millions flocked to learn the many styles they taught. These students in turn became masters, and taught students of their own. Before long, the truly gifted warriors were traveling across the land, seeking to master new arts like those on a religious pilgrimage. But every aspiring warrior was told not to forget that their power was not for their own glory, but for the glory of the divine Pokémon, and the great goddess, Gaia.

Now, a band of four best friends and two travelers--one from another world--wind their way across the land, seeking to master as much as they could on the long journey to meet Calyrex at the peak of Lotus Flower Mountain.

What wonders and terrors await you on your adventure? Your journey begins now!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. NaruhinaKage

Enusko
    (Oshawott)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽66.3
    Alright, I'm excited!!!!

3. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (You'll want to describe how Mason starts his adventure here, then we'll do the story accordingly. Here's an example from Alvin's perspective as the one from another world: )

Somewhere in a forest, a portal showed up out of nowhere. A redhead boy in yellow T-shirt and blue shorts was thrown from it. His landing wasn't that graceful either -- he slumped almost face first.

"Ouch..."

The portal was closed and the boy was confused. Where... where am I? he wondered as he sat down from his flopping position. He took a smartphone -- Rotom Phone -- from his shorts' pocket and turned it on.

"Welcome, user. The password, please?" the Rotom Phone prompted. The boy inputted the password as he remembered it, to which the phone replied, "Welcome back, RedAce," and showed its main screen.

Satisfied, the boy tried to use his phone's GPS by saying, "Show current location, please." The Rotom Phone loaded for a moment and...

"Sorry, this unit can't do that," the phone said. "Due to a turbulence this unit had, all online features can't be used," it explained, much to his disdain. "However, offline features such as taking photos and using Rotom Bike are still accessible," it continued.

"Can't be helped then," the boy mused. "I really should look around myself..."

That being said, the boy put his phone in his pocket, grabbed his blue backpack that fell not far from where he fell, and wandered around, not sure where he was or why he was even there...

(Also, we use brackets for out-of-character comments like this.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #3 Nov 9, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
  4. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @NaruhinaKage

(If I need to convey something important, like history, culture and the like in detail, that post will go in the signup and discussion thread.)

SAF likes this.
  5. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (That being said, shall we wait for @NaruhinaKage's entry first?)

6. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @SAF

(Once our two characters are introduced, I'll introduce the Trio and Serena)

SAF likes this.
  7. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    As the redhead boy wandered around, a Cinderace popped out from its, no, his Pokéball. This, of course, surprised the boy.

"Libero? What's wrong?"

The now-named Libero held his hand, not intending to let it go. Maybe the Cinderace didn't want his trainer to wander alone, much like a certain Inteleon they both knew well. Plus, the boy would feel weird for going without his twin sister by his side.

(Fun facts:
    • The Inteleon refers to Sniper in this RP which Alvin originally came from, so don't be surprised if I make some references to his twin sister (Marissa) and/or her Pokémon every now and then.
    • I doubt that Pokeballs even exist in this world, but I hope my narration would make sense given Alvin's circumstances.

Also, sorry for the ping, but @NaruhinaKage still needs to make Mason's entry in this story.)

#7 Nov 10, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
  8. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @SAF

(would you want Alvin to get a world appropriate outfit while we're waiting? I could go ahead and showing the Trio and Serena on their way as well.)

9. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (Eh, why not?)

10. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @SAF

(You'll be able to hear Ash long before you see him...)

Just then, a high piercing note echoed through the forest--the unmistakable sound of the bansi--the hero's flute, as it was affectionately nicknamed in this world.

The performer, a black haired boy in dull red swordsman's robes, continued the festive melody in time to his walking, allowing a Pikachu to find him as it romped through the various clearings and alcoves in the forest.

Seeing a boy and a Cinderace in a clearing made him stumble over a wrong note. The boy didn't look like a native resident...

11. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Seems like the flute's melody drew their attention. The boy looked around, but couldn't find anything. He was about to give up when his Cinderace dragged him to the clearing. "Whoa, hey! Libero, wait up!"

The two went on until they met the performer who played the flute just now. The guy looked like a, uh, swordsman in those MOBA games the redhead boy used to play. That, and the performer came with a Pikachu that looked no different from the ones he's familiar with. Did I just... enter a fantasy world? the redhead boy thought.

12. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @SAF

"Ash, what is it?" a female voice asked as a blonde haired girl in a glittering gold dancer costume joined the red clad boy in gawking at the strange visitor. "A Cinderace...those live in the far off land of Galaria."

"How someone got from Galaria to here, I don't know..." the boy mused as he welcomed the Pikachu aboard his shoulder. "Perhaps he was betrayed and left here?"

Serena stifled a giggle--a hero being betrayed by someone and left to die, only to find a kindly master, learn martial arts, get revenge on their betrayers, and maybe save the world along the way was a very common plot in plays...

13. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Galaria? the redhead boy was even more confused. He usually just refers to his home region as Galar, so how could it be called Galaria here, of all places? That, and the blonde girl got his attention too. Also, what the heck is RubyFox doing here?

(According to this post in the other RP, Alvin only knew the Serena in his home universe as RubyFox. He had no idea that there's another Serena here. Same goes for Brock and his "codename": PewterSong.)

Anyway, the boy decided to man up and come to the people to ask about stuff. "Uh, excuse me..." he called them. "Do you happen to know where we are?"

#13 Nov 10, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  14. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @SAF

(Name generator, go!)

"Welcome to Kitano." Ash smiled. "I don't know how you got here, but please, make yourself at home."

The strum of a guitar-like instrument snapped Ash to attention. "You said there was a mysterious traveler here that looked Galarian?" an older boy with tan skin asked as he fine tuned a lute-like instrument. The quiver full of green fletched arrows on the boy's back was a clue he was a hunter, or highly skilled archer.

15. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "I- thank you..." the redhead boy said. He figured that this should be a perfect time to introduce himself.

"I'm Alvin. Alvin Dee," he bowed. "And this is my Cinderace, Libero," he continued, with said Cinderace bowing to the group. "We were waiting for a train in Wedgehurst Station when a portal threw us here, so..." Alvin explained how he and Libero got there in the first place.

16. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @SAF

"Where is this Wedgehurst?" Serena wondered. "Do you mean Brasswick, in Galaria?"

Brock is more interested in the train. "What's a 'train'? Some kind of coach, maybe?"

17. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Yep, this took an even weirder turn. "Uh..." Alvin sweatdropped and Libero sighed. "I think we came from a different world..." he muttered. "...because this world is so different from the one I'm familiar with," he continued, followed by Libero nodding in agreement as he folded his arms. Sure, Alvin used to dabble in the so-called "alternate universe" theme in some games, but he didn't expect to be thrown into one in the first place. Well, at least he had something to be grateful for: it was him who got thrown here, not his sister.

Good thing it wasn't sis Marissa tho, he thought. She would've freaked out if she were me.

#17 Nov 10, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  18. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @SAF

Finally, the fourth member of the group arrived--a red haired girl in the elegant blue and silver chain of the Sapphire Guards of Hanada. "This the traveler who claims to be from an alternate Galaria?"

"Yeah--somewhere in a much more advanced Galaria." Brock explained. "But Calyrex wouldn't bring travelers from different worlds on a whim. He had a reason to bring this traveler here."

19. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Alvin nodded as something dawned on him. "I, no, Libero and I came from an alternate world where technology prospers and magical stuff is practically unknown. And as for the Galaria you're talking about, it's simply called Galar in that world," he explained. "Although... I'm not sure who summoned me here or why I'm even here..."

20. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @SAF

"I may have an answer...Calyrex, the Sage of Gaia." Brock explains. "He is said to be able to see across time, and thousands of worlds. Maybe he knew you were needed here in some way, and brought you here."