1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokemon you thought were Legendaries but they weren't!

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by OzoneFruit, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I thought Lucario would be at first before Riolu was mentioned, but I never understood why there was that same problem with Zoroark since it had a previous evolution that was included with it in the movie. And everyone knows legendaries don't evolve. *shoves Nebby into the bag*

I think a few Pokémon, like Arcanine, have been considered pseudo legendaries for one reason or another. Rotom is another good example. I'm still not sure what it's standing is, but apparently it can breed, so it wouldn't count I don't think. *tentatively places Manaphy into the bag too*

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    For a while, I was convinced that Togepi was a legendary, since it was so mysterious and hatched out of an Egg differently. I was proven wrong.
    #MissingNo

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    When I didn't know Bulbapedia, Serebii, and other reliable sources of info for Pokémon actually existed, I honestly assumed that Hydreigon was a legendary. Turns out it was only a pseudo.

Oh.

4. dangokura

dangokura what is happening ;w;

Mythical eggo
    (Celebi Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.2
    ehh lucario, rotom (i mean, the manga said so!!), diancie, phione heheh~

5. Tepig

Tepig The Talking Tepig

Fire Nation
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽595.9
    Assault Vest ★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★
    Little me caught Rotom a while back, and I thought it was a legendary. My bubble was burst quick, because I told my friend at school I caught 'the legendary Rotom' and he was quick to correct me.

Little me was very upset that day.

6. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I'll be honest, when I first played Emerald I thought Solrock was a legendary. And, umm, I may have wasted a master ball on it...
    I also thought Zoroark was Legendary at one point.

7. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    OOF Rip master ball.

I thought Absol was a Legendary myself for a bit. Probably because of the Jirachi movie. :P

8. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Volcarona due to the Relic Castle Situation, and Lucario/Zorua/Zoroark thanks to the movies they were featured in. Also due to the fact the latter two were event only in BW.

9. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    It puzzles me that Lucario and Zoroark aren't Legendaries, but that Zeraora is...I suppose they couldn't put off having an anthropomorphic fox-thing as a Legendary forever. In hindsight I suppose I'd be surprised now if I was just getting into Pokémon, although at the time I knew they weren't.

I argued a hell of a lot for Rotom being a Legendary back when it was first released though, and it always surprised me that Volcarona wasn't one. Arcanine not being a Legendary was very confusing for young me considering it was on a panel with the Legendary Birds in the second episode of the anime. For a while I thought Dragonite was a Legendary too because of that massive one in the anime. xD

10. jeevan261001

jeevan261001

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    I disagree with Pokémon company saying that Cosmog Cosmoem Type: Null and Silvally are legendaries and I think the Ultra Beasts are.

11. Wicked3DS

Wicked3DS Bug Catcher

Pierce
    (Weedle)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽77.1
    Dragonite was the one that tricked me during the anime episode at Bill's Lighthouse. Since they never showed more than a silhouette, I figured it was a really big deal. Turns out I was pseudo correct. :P

12. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Zoroark and Rotom had me fooled.

13. Baratheon

Baratheon Ours is the Fury

Slash
    (Zekrom Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽378.4
    Soothe Bell ★Darkinum Z ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Arcanine (that dex description) and Volcarona! The latter just seemed so special.

14. MasterBallz

MasterBallz Youngster

Torchic
    (Torchic)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13.7
    I used to think Snorlax was a legendary since there was only one of them in the wild and it had an overworld sprite like many legendaries you encounter in the games.

15. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    I have to agree with you there. The whole distinction between legendary/non-legendary has really blurred over the years. I had to actually look this up and it's very upsetting.

jeevan261001 likes this.
  16. SawstheSawsbuck

SawstheSawsbuck Sir Sawsbuck

Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽560.5
    Master BallLegendary Triforce ★★
    Carbink, it looks like a possible legendary and it also looks like a pre evolution to Diancie

17. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I used to think that Gallade was legendary when I first saw it in Pokémon black and when I found out that it evolved from ralts I got angry with myself.

18. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    Yeaaah, I'm going to hop on the Volcarona train here. :x Kinda surprised it isn't really considered a legendary, tbh.

19. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    Oh Volcarona for sure, that and Rotom. Basically those Pokémon that are close to the real legends in the Pokédex and usually just as rare, but still they aren't official legends.

20. Pyrophobic Quilava

Blader
    (Treecko)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,207.7
    The Marketing on Lucario before Gen 4's release was so huge I thought he would have some status like that.

Also because of the anime, Arcanine on some extent, I thought he was the only legendary to be an evolution because of it.