1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Scaredy Cat Stories

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gazi, Oct 9, 2018.

?

Do you Get Scared Easily?

1. Absolutely

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Not at All

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I am a total scaredy cat. The smallest little things can scare me. I freak out at the slightest sign of a spider and still insist that my brothers get rid of it for me. I have to look under my bed before going to sleep. I've probably nearly woken up everybody in my house a couple of times when I got up for one reason or another in the middle of the night and on my way back to my room in the dark I bump right into one of my siblings who is up doing their business and I just shriek. It's the middle of the night, I walk into a shadowy figure that's taller than me, what else am I supposed to do?

My wimpiest scaredy cat moment though that just makes me feel silly and I don't really know why it scared me so much happened when I was eleven or twelve. I was supposed to be asleep, but instead I was in my room chatting with my younger sister. One of my older sisters must have heard us talking and came to see what we were doing. I didn't hear her come in, but I saw her. I waved at her and acknowledged her presence before turning back to my younger sister. A few moments later my older sister suddenly says 'boo', or 'hey', something short and simple like that, and I was startled right out of my skin. She still sometimes makes fun of me for it.

What I want to know though is if anybody else here is a bit of a scaredy cat. What are some things that scare you the most, and what is your silliest scaredy cat moment?

2. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    Just a few minutes ago while in the shower the light started flickering and that terrified me.

I tend to lose track of people going places and often scare myself by walking into dad when I remember him going a different direction. Like, I see him going out to the neighbors then panic as I see him in the house after a minute or two (or possibly 10, I lose track of time too)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    I will freak out at a movie even when it is not supposed to be scary--I can't watch "Ghostbusters" (either version) or "Men in Black" for this reason

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    A few weeks ago, I found a literal full-grown wolf spider in my shoe. And I found it the hard way. Not the hardest way to find out, but still. Foot in sock, sock in shoe, wait what's that bunched up thing moving near my toes? I go "fwuh!" in lower-case volume. Shoe comes off really fast, I look inside, take a picture for posterity (but I won't post it publicly because that wouldn't be very cash money of me), I shake the beast out, try to squash it, then put on both of my shoes and go on my way.

The thing is though, my reaction to that unexpected, scary situation was a quiet reverse-gasp and a quick, measured handling of the situation. I'm not much of a scaredy cat at all, though there are probably some situations that can disprove this claim.