1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Story Building

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by NyxieRina, Jul 7, 2023.

1. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,437.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Oooh, nice. *_*

And now for a prompt shamelessly stolen from the Weekly Prompt Thread:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    WavePearl likes this.
  2. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    GS Ball ★★★★★Oran Berry ★★
    Fireworks are fun...until people keep shooting them off well into the wee hours of the morning.

As the sun peeked over the horizon, a dizzy and delirious Noivern entered its cavern. It screeched tiredly, doing its best to be comfortable as it laid down on its bed. It hunted much later than normal to avoid all the pretty but loud sparks, but they never seemed to stop.

It growled, almost in tandem with its empty stomach. It hated this day, it'd need to make up for it on their next hunt.

SAF likes this.
  3. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    Well, this is certainly interesting. Here's a rather open prompt, so I'm curious what you will make out of it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    Beyond the towers, and past the immense outer wall that surrounded them, an actual city stretched to the horizon. An imposing skyline of sleek modern skyscrapers stood before her, tall and bright against the empty city.

She was finally here. After a grueling journey, the messenger was finally here.

She tried to make herself look presentable, a fool's effort considering the amount of grime and dirt that had stuck unto her in her travels. Once she felt she had cleaned herself up enough, she took a deep breath and marched to the city gates.

She needs to meet with the president, the fate of the world depends on her.

5. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,437.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (Did you say you need more prompts? I gotchu. ;))

Hidden in the dark, an evil flower blooms...

6. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 31
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,731.8
    Try this one:

The people knew very well when spring was in the air--thousands upon millions of colorful diamonds suddenly appeared all across the land, and just as many caravans from all over the world came to seek them.

7. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    Hidden in the dark, an evil flower blooms.

Intricate, lace-like patterns covered the petals, with golden, wing-like leaves grew between them, giving it a more regal yet dangerous look. The ground beneath it shuddered, as the corrupted flower's raging emotions poisoned the very area it had sprouted in.

She was in a new form, one as beautiful but not as grand as what she once was.

She will grow stronger, bade her time before the time is right.

Then she will take her revenge, on the foolhardy lesser noble, the irritating folk hero, and on her treacherous servant,

SAF likes this.
  8. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0

The people knew very well when spring was in the air--thousands upon millions of colorful diamonds suddenly appeared all across the land, and just as many caravans from all over the world came to seek them.

Harley looked over his team, who were all dozing after a long day of trekking to the site. He couldn't understand them. Why sleep when the riches, fame and glory were all nearly within their grasp? He looked to their caravan, full of empty baskets just waiting to be filled. As soon as they got there all of his dreams 9even the ones the others knew nothing about) will come true.

WavePearl likes this.
  9. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,437.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Oooh, can I just love how a part of Daughter of Evil's lyrics somehow turned into Queen Sectonia's flower form? *_*

Also, have a prompt that's been stuck in my head for a good while:

"Between you and me, my liege..."

NyxieRina likes this.
  10. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    (Aye, I'm glad someone caught on to that :D) That puts me more into a Kirby mood, so lets do that!)
    (Also reminder that I dont count dialog in my 5 sentences)

"Between you and me, my liege..."

"This power hurts me greatly."

King Dedede stared at Meta Knight, aghast. "But you wield the power so effortlessly?"

Meta Knight has always been one to train and refine his style with every new trick he learned. So it was no surprise to the king that the knight had taken his Jamba Heart possession in stride and started using his ill-gotten duplication and geokinesis abilities in his fighting style. It was something he admired and envied in the same thought, given his own encounters and hangups with possession.

"Yes...It hurts to think about and to use... But it hurts more to think about the outcome if I didn't use those abilities and failed the kingdom." Meta Knight said gravely.

11. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,437.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Oh, Meta... :(

Duly noted. I just needed some inspiration with that prompt. :sweat:

Anyway, how about a prompt from one of the RPs I'm in?

Thankfully, someone had enough braincells to stop this little meeting from turning into another anime club.

12. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    Thankfully, someone had enough braincells to stop this little meeting from turning into another anime club

"I'm gonna have to cut you guys there," Brett interjected before anyone else could speak. "I'm sure Director Cyrano is thrilled to see the enthusiasm we have in making the academy's clubs. But it won't really work if its just a reskin of the same club over and over again."

"Elaborate," Someone asked, narrowing their eyes at them.

Brett held up a hand as he began to count down on the pitched ideas. "The first newspaper of the year has an entire section dedicated to popular media but is mostly made up of anime recommendations. The first writing assignment in the literature club is basically just writing fanfiction. The art club is full of anime artists that I know will take advantage of that. And the theater club is working on making an adaptation of that recent mini series. And we STILL have a dedicated Anime Club" They steepled their hands together. "Point is, there is way too much overlap here and I don't want to see the math club get turned into another anime club in disguise.

Silence reigned the student council room, until someone spoke up. "And how do you know about all of that?"

SAF likes this.