1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Things you don't notice

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Jupjami, Jun 2, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,585.5
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    There are many small details and things in Pokémon that are quite obvious, but most people seem to never think about, and when one sees it he goes "oh yeah, why didn't I think of that before?" What small details have you guys detected?

Did anyone notice Fantina is Kalosian?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,164.0
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    That the Pokémon Phanpy is not spelled Phanphy (seriously, I just recently noticed that)
    And also you can see Pupitar on Tyranitar’s stomach

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Darkmaster006 and Jupjami like this.
  3. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,034.0
    At one point maybe a few months ago I suddenly realized that Eusine's name is Suicune with the letters rearranged and couldn't understand how I had never noticed it before then.

Jupjami likes this.
  4. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I know this detail wasn't included on purpose, because most gender differences in Pokémon weren't added until later, but in the anime Ash's Butterfree is gay. (Neither Ash's Butterfree nor the pink Butterfree has the black spot to indicate that they're female). This was changed in the I Choose You movie though.

Darkmaster006 likes this.
  5. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    In the original Hoenn games, there’s an extremely small chance that an island shows up on Route 131. Only Wynaut and an exclusive berry can be found on it .

Jupjami likes this.
  6. RadEmpoleon

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,164.0

I just realized a few days ago that this Pokémon’s name isn’t Mespirit, but it’s Mesprit.

Jupjami likes this.
  7. Enbuoh

SS Egg #1 Delta Plus
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽27.4
    Oran Berry ★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★
    This took me eons to actually realise (because I didn't play original RSE, but ORAS), but the only legal Beldum you can get in Hoenn is the Beldums that Steven gives you (shiny event plus his gift after Delta Episode)

Jupjami likes this.
  8. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I never knew that jasmine in Sunyshore city Sinnoh was actually the gym leader jasmine from Johto. I had always thought that she was just some weird girl with a different sprite that looked familiar. I had to wait until I played Heart Gold until I was able to make the connection.

Jupjami likes this.
  9. RadEmpoleon

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,164.0
    I just realized today that you can rearrange the “X menu” in Sun and Moon by holding down an icon. This thread is showing me that I’m really oblivious to a lot of things.

Jupjami likes this.
  10. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    Took me a while to realize its *Typhlosion*, not *Typhusion* as a kid.

11. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    It took me a while to notice that fossil Pokémon are all Rock-type not because every ancient Pokémon was coincidentally all part Rock-type, but because these Pokémon are still fossils: the remains of deceased Pokémon lifeforms that have been replaced with sedimentary earth over millennia. It's entirely possible that (for instance) Kabuto was reanimated from (not revived, but reanimated) may have been Bug-Water or something like that, but when its biological body was replaced with sedimentary earth, its "body" was replaced with earth and thus it is earth-type. It seems more intentional that way than lore suggesting that every ancient Pokémon lived as part Rock.

Jupjami likes this.
  12. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,367.1
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    One of my favorite things, the "wandering island" had my mind racing as a kid. Would've never guessed what would be there but it made me smile at how odd it was in the end.

A favorite tiny detail of mine is how your character removes their shoes in ORAS when they go into a house. Or diving.

Jupjami likes this.
  13. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Beside The Spelling Mistake I Have Like 'Zekrom' As 'Zerkom', When I Was Young, I Thought Snivy's Tails Actually A Fan Until I Realized That It's Tail Is Actually Leaf And Now Just Realized It Is Maple Leaf Shaped Tail!

Jupjami likes this.
  14. RadEmpoleon

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,164.0
    Things I didn’t notice: music edition
    -N’s castle theme in B2W2 is a slowed-down version of the one in BW. (That’s kinda obvious, but I never played the original BW games.)
    -At one point near the end of N’s and Colress’s battle themes in B2W2, they use the same drum as the one in Ghetsis’s theme. I think it’s a nice little touch since they’re all part of team plasma.
    -Throughout the Team Flare grunt theme, you can faintly hear a very short snippet of the team flare hideout under the café. (I noticed this just a few minutes ago.)

And yes, I went through the effort of finding the points in the songs.
    You can hear the drums right off the bat and at 0: 37 and 0:48.
    You can hear the drums at 1:02.
    And here’s the sound of the drum I keep talking about (it’s at about 0:20 ish).
    And for the Team Flare one, you have to put your ear really close to your speaker to hear it. It’s the repetitive “beeping” noise (for lack of a better word) that you can hear clearly in the hideout theme: this theme is also a slowed-down version of the grunt theme:

#14 Aug 26, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
    Jupjami likes this.