1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Event 2023's Summer Scramble - Sign up!

Discussion in 'News Desk' started by Jeydis, Jun 20, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,367.1
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Summer Scramble 2023 Sign Ups
    Greetings, trainers!

I have a received an interesting letter from a Professor Hemlock, out over the seas far from Sinnoh and our Lake Valor. He has discovered a new land called Meroi by the locals and would like the assistance of our members to explore it and discover what new Pokémon, places, and things might await.

Now I know you are excited, but let's keep this orderly. Sign your name below to be part of one of two exploratory expeditions.

What is Summer Scramble?

Summer Scramble is an annual event month at Lake Valor that runs from July 1 - August 1 where members have the chance to compete in a series of fun individual and team-based events.

Members collect "Scramble Points" based on participation as well as performance that adds to their team's total on the scoreboard! At the end of the month, the team with the most Scramble Points comes away with some of LV's biggest prizes; Medals, a purse of Pokédollars and a special name glow for the following month as well as access to rare Pokémon encounters in the catcher!

Events include art (drawing and design), writing, roleplaying, quizzes and trivia, internet gaming, movies, and other fun and silly activities!

Teams

1) Team names will be determined once we get started, so for now it will just be Team 1 and Team 2. Once we begin the teams will chose their captain and team name.
    2) Mods will try to keep the two teams even in number so we may move you to one team or the other depending on what the balance looks like. If you want to be grouped with someone let me know via PM and we will do our best!

How to sign up?

To be placed on a team by the start of events (July 1st), please post below using the template given.
    *Sign ups after July 1st will happen on a separate thread and members will still be able to join.

- Your time zone:
    - Are you willing to put time aside during the month of July to participate in events? If you are sure to be unavailable during part of this please let us know here or via PM.
    - Are you on LV's Discord server?
    - What type of events do you enjoy the most? (Art/Writing, Battling, Shiny Hunting, Trivia, Posting, Misc)
    - Do you play any non-Pokémon games that you may be interested in playing as a Summer Scramble event?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Katanaeyegaming

Katanaeyegaming #FEARTHEWYVERN

Darklit
    (Liepard)
    Level 44
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,810.3
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    CST
    I plan to be but will be out of town for a little bit
    Yes
    Writing/Games/Posting/Battling
    I have a few but I don't think anyone would want to. (MK8DX, SSBU)

Jeydis likes this.
  3. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,585.5
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    So this is where all that worldbuilding went! /hj

Anyway I'm mostly free on July ever since they moved school to August, so hopefully I actually do more this time.

Your time zone: GMT +8 (Manila)
    Are you willing to put time aside during the month of July to participate in events? No school! *woot woot*
    Are you on LV's Discord server? Yep.
    What type of events do you enjoy the most? Trivia events and games; writing/RP events are fun too~
    Do you play any non-Pokémon games that you may be interested in playing as a Summer Scramble event? Considering most non-Pokémon games I play nowadays are MOBAs and gachas, probably not.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Jeydis likes this.
  4. HeroofFire101

HeroofFire101 Stirlingite

Ember
    (Quilava)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,697.9
    EST
    Yes, it will be a welcome distraction from work, and I did request every Saturday in July off. This is for a multitude of reasons, one of which is DnD.
    Yes I am, clearly.
    Trivia, DnD, writing/rp, Minigames like Tetris.
    As always, Monster Hunter and/or Minecraft.

Jeydis likes this.
  5. ID Zeta

ID Zeta Resident Physicist

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,619.7
    I would put a joke here about my annual wake-up from hibernation, but I've been somewhat active in recent months so that wouldn't make sense.

-Your time zone:
    EST (UTC-5)
    -Are you willing to put time aside during the month of July to participate in events? Should be able to
    -Are you on LV's Discord server? Yep
    -What type of events do you enjoy the most? Just about anything, really
    -Do you play any non-Pokémon games that you may be interested in playing as a Summer Scramble event? Unless there's been an influx of Destiny 2 players, no

Jeydis likes this.
  6. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,744.0
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    • Your time zone: UTC +7 (Jakarta)
    • Are you willing to put time aside during the month of July to participate in events?
      • I think I'll manage.
    • Are you on LV's Discord server?
      • Why, of course.
    • What type of events do you enjoy the most?
      • Battling, RP, minigames, posting in general.
    • Do you play any non-Pokémon games that you may be interested in playing as a Summer Scramble event?
      • Not sure honestly.

Jeydis likes this.
  7. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,906.8
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    - Your time zone: Alaska
    - I will have some things going on, but I enjoy these events and do my best to make time for them. especially the art and writing events.
    - Are you on LV's Discord server: Yes
    - What type of events do you enjoy the most? Art/Writing, Trivia
    - Non-Pokémon games: Minecraft, Tears of the kingdom

Jeydis likes this.
  8. Kiwi

Kiwi Resident Garfield Gaming Enthusiast

Winter
    (Lovebird-H)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,217.6
    Beast Ball ★★★★
    - Your time zone: EST
    - Are you willing to put time aside during the month of July to participate in events? If you are sure to be unavailable during part of this please let us know here or via PM.: I'll more likely than not have things going on during the month, but I'll attempt to make time for it during the month.
    - Are you on LV's Discord server?: Yes
    - What type of events do you enjoy the most? Battling, Shiny Hunting, Trivia
    - Do you play any non-Pokémon games that you may be interested in playing as a Summer Scramble event?: Not 100% sure on anything for this, not a lot I play lends itself too well to challenges or the like. Maybe Mario Kart 8 DX if anything.

Jeydis likes this.
  9. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,376.9
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    GONNA ATTEMPT THIS ONE BOYS
    - UTC+8
    - I'll try!
    - Yes, go look for the word "fletchling" and I'm sure half of what is said is mine
    - Hm, good one. I do enjoy the writing ones
    - Fall Guys (but my Internet breaks if I try to play with someone too far across the Earth)

Jeydis likes this.
  10. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,164.0
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    WOOOOOOO SUMMER SCRAMBLE!!

Time zone: EST
    Are you willing to put time aside during the month of July to participate in events? I can't guarantee that I will be very active because of my job, but I will try my best to participate
    Are you on LV's Discord server? Yes
    What type of events do you enjoy the most? Art, shiny hunting (but it will probably be in Y or Sun), trivia, posting
    Do you play any non-Pokémon games that you may be interested in playing as a Summer Scramble event? No

Jeydis likes this.
  11. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    Well, it's been quite some time since I was last active here, so why not have some fun in this year's Summer Scramble?

- Timezone: CEST (UTC+2)
    - Willingness to put time aside: If I can, yes. However, since I have a rather full schedule on my hands, I will most likely be unable to attend recurring meet-ups as I can't really make room for anything on the short term. In essence, that means that I will just try to be as active as I can be when the opportunity spontaneously arises (which should be at least once or twice a week - I won't be completely dead) but I can't say on which specific days just yet.
    - Server membership: Yes.
    - Activities: I'd be willing to try my hand at writing. Aditionally, shiny hunting, trivia and posting events would be likely to catch my attention.
    - Games outside of Pokémon: I do play SMM2, Smash Bros. Ultimate and MK8DX, though I am not too great at any of them. (I suppose I should also mention chess, though I only started out recently and am a novice at best...)

Let's see how things will turn out!

Jeydis likes this.
  12. Jeydis

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,367.1
    And with that the events will now begin! This thread will remain open for anyone that wants to sign up late so feel free to keep it going!

13. LassusVulpes

LassusVulpes Eclipse Holder

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.1
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    The threat, returns.

- Your time zone: EST
    - Are you willing to put time aside during the month of July to participate in events? Sure why not, just don't take up three days in a row.
    - Are you on LV's Discord server? Totally not (Yes)
    - What type of events do you enjoy the most? (Art/Writing, Battling, Shiny Hunting, Trivia, Posting, Misc) Is shitposting an event? /j I enjoy writing and art, as well as just random bullshit.
    - Do you play any non-Pokémon games that you may be interested in playing as a Summer Scramble event? Terraria, Minecraft, Just any creative game. Could fuck up some peeps in league of legends /j

ANYWHO, MAY YOUR WOE BE MANY, AND YOUR DAY FEW. AS I'M BACK BITCHES

Jeydis likes this.
  14. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    GS Ball ★★★★★Oran Berry ★★
    Aw heck why not.

- Your time zone: GMT+8
    - Are you willing to put time aside during the month of July to participate in events?: Yes. However, I am likely to be unavailable on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays due to prior engagements.
    - Are you on LV's Discord server?: Yes, same username.
    - What type of events do you enjoy the most? (Art/Writing, Battling, Shiny Hunting, Trivia, Posting, Misc): I think I'll be okay with anything.
    - Do you play any non-Pokémon games that you may be interested in playing as a Summer Scramble event?: Splatoon and Brawl Stars maybe?

Jeydis likes this.
  15. Jeydis

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,367.1
    LassusVulpes likes this.
  16. Louise

Louise Bug Catcher

Shinx
    (Shinx)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽167.1
    Your time zone: uk
    - Are you willing to put time aside during the month of July to participate in events? If you are sure to be unavailable during part of this please let us know here or via PM. Yes I am
    - Are you on LV's Discord server? No
    - What type of events do you enjoy the most?(Art/Writing, Battling, Shiny Hunting, Trivia, Posting, Misc) I really like shiny hunting
    - Do you play any non-Pokémon games that you may be interested in playing as a Summer Scramble event? Mario kart

17. Jeydis

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,367.1
    @Louise is now part of Explorer team 2 aka The Googly Bandits

18. piercerossified

PokéPoints:
    ₽47.3
    - Your time zone: gmt+8
    - Are you willing to put time aside during the month of July to participate in events? If you are sure to be unavailable during part of this please let us know here or via PM.
    YES
    - Are you on LV's Discord server?
    YES
    - What type of events do you enjoy the most? Art/Writin
    - Do you play any non-Pokémon games that you may be interested in playing as a Summer Scramble event? NO

19. Jeydis

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,367.1
    @piercerossified
    Sadly the events for this were back in July. Thank you for your interest though and the reminder to lock this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.