1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Pokémon Fusion: Rise of the Hybrids (IC Thread)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Kecleon, Sep 14, 2020.

1. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,796.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "Yeah..." Altale agreed, then plopped again on the ground. "Good night, guys."

"Zzz..."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,031.6
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    Auron sighed. "Yeah. Y'all get some sleep." Auron pushed himself up and walked over to the crystal clear pond, shining bright from the moonlight beaming down upon it from the clear, starry sky, and sat down next to the shimmering surface of the water. As soon as he was fairly certain everyone was asleep, he stared at his own reflection and began hesitantly touching the spiky crown on his head, exploring the alien features across his face and head.

His hands fell away, and closed into tightly balled fists. "A monster," he muttered under his breath. "I...I really am. I'm a freak." He could feel his eyes begin to blur with the incoming tears of despair, and tried to blink them away. "They'll pay." He said, the flame on his tail growing in intensity as he felt his rage burn within him. "I'll find a way to change back, and then I'll make them all pay. I swear it!"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,031.6
    (Apologies for the long wait, everyone. It took a lot of effort and brainpower to get this written down, but I finally decided to simply sit down and get this thing over with. So, without further ado, here's over 1K words worth of writing as our intermission and timeskip for the following morning. Here we go!)

2:19 A.M.
    Goldenrod City Police Department
    Johto

Commissioner Nicholas Pine, Nick for short, stood staring out the window of his office, a mug of coffee warming his hands and a tired expression across his face. He very much wanted to leave his musty yet familiar office and head home for the night, but he knew what was to happen shortly was much too important to wait for the morning. He watched the twinkling lights of Goldenrod shine below him, as their police station stood at the top of a steep hill, and this view gave him a slight sense of comfort, making him feel like the city's guardian and protector, which he technically was, in a sense.

Suddenly, he heard a soft yet firm knock at his door, and the commissioner returned to his office chair and sat down behind his slightly messy desk, before shouting, “Come in!”

The woman that entered appeared to shine with a sense of civic duty. Her long black and white overcoat hanged off her shoulders almost casually, nearly reaching her knees. Underneath her coat appeared to be a standard police uniform, though the shirts button was undone near the top and showed a white shirt underneath and a red-framed pair of sunglasses folded and hanging from the collar. Her bright blue eyes looked seemed almost to be judging the commissioner, as she batted away a stray hair from her long brunette hair. She raised a white-gloved hand to her head and said, “Captain Jane Summers of the International Police, reporting for duty, sir!”

The bright and sleek look of Captain Summers' outfit made Nick slightly self-conscious of his own attire, a simple brown outfit with a blue and green striped tie. He rubbed the back of his head, streaking through his short, salt-and-pepper hair which was starting to thin, and stood up from his chair to extend his hand toward the captain. “Commissioner Pine. Thank you for coming on such short notice.”

She took his hand and gave it a quick and sharp shake. Obviously a woman of business. “To my understanding, the late hour of our meeting is due to some amount of secrecy regarding this case.”

“Indeed.” Nick reached into a drawer beneath his desk and pulled out a folder about an inch thick, before tossing it onto the table. “This contains all of the info you need to know about this case. And remember, this info doesn’t leave this room.”

Jane picked up the document, and began flipping through the pages, which apparently contained information obtained from a raid on a Team Rocket base within the Ilex Forest just earlier today. While reviewing the documents, she came across a term which seemed suspicious. “’The Spliced?’ What does that mean?” she asked.

The commissioner nodded his head. “It’s more detailed in the document, but suffice it to say, Team Rocket has begun to create…Pokémon hybrids, fusing the DNA of certain Pokémon with others to create an elite army of unique and unbeatable Pokémon to brute force their way to world domination.”

Jane's face screwed with revulsion. “Despicable. No wonder the International Police needed to be involved.”

Nick nodded and remained silent, so Jane spoke up again. “So, what is my role in this? Does that mean you’ve uncovered other bases that need to be stopped.”

He shook his head. “Any information regarding the potential of other bases was sent directly to the IP headquarters, where they are initiating their own hunt on a global scale. The reason why you are here is for a much more mundane reason.”

He then grabbed another, albeit thinner, file from his desk and set it on the table, which Captain Summers picked up and perused. Inside were multiple pictures of several of these Spliced Pokémon, six in all. “Apparently, during the confusion of the raid, these experiments that were held at the base escaped into the Ilex Forest. These Pokémon could prove a danger to any local residents, or even themselves, not to mention that Team Rocket may try to recover them. Your mission is to head to the Ilex Forest and attempt to capture these Pokémon before Team Rocket can, and bring them into custody so we can research them and hopefully help them, with as little interference to the local residents as possible.”

Captain Summers nodded and stood to attention. “Sir! I shall assemble my best and most loyal agents to help me with this mission. We’ll bring these Pokémon in!”

The commissioner nodded. “Good. Then you are dismissed.”

She saluted him once more, before walking out the door to the office. Nick sighed and leaned back in his chair. “It’s up to her now. As for me, my bed is calling me, and I’m running late.” The commissioner stood and switched off his desk light, before he walked to the door, placed his simple brown hat on his head, and left his office for the night, wondering if Captain Summers truly understands what kind of assignment she’s been given.

3:27 A.M.
    Team Rocket HQ, Johto Branch
    ?????

“So, the project has been uncovered by the International Police, has it?” the darkened image of the Team Rocket leader said through voice modulation software.

“Yes sir,” responded Administrator Rigel, a younger Team Rocket member with light blue hair, not unlike that of a standard Team Galactic grunt but tousled into a short afro, wearing the white uniform of an elite member of Team Rocket. “It seems that information on our base in the Ilex Forest was leaked by a traitor for amnesty by the police, and most of our equipment and research was taken by the police, as was the vast majority of our members stationed there.”

“Hm, it seems I will see to taking care of this traitor, then. And what of our missing subjects?”

Rigel scrolled through the tablet in his hands before coming to the info that was requested. “It seems there were six escaped Pokémon in total, and they seem to be somewhere in the Ilex forest. By our calculations, however, they may be heading eastward towards the mountains.”

“Very good. I hope I don’t have to emphasize how important it is for Team Rocket to retrieve these Pokémon before they become any more public than they are now. Therefore, I am officially initiating Project Gemini. Do you understand what this implies, Admin Rigel?”

Taken for a moment by shock at his leader's proclamation, he swiftly nodded. “Yes sir. I shall contact the local Elite grunts and Admins and allow them access to the Spliced repository.”

“Excellent. See that those Pokémon comes under Rocket’s control right away.” The screen flickered off, and Rigel began typing in the personal number of the closest high-ranked member of Team Rocket. “These next few days should be rather interesting.” He thought as the line began to go through, and another darkened figure appeared on the screen.

“It's time, Nebula. Project Gemini is a go!”

(Time to ping. @SAF @Jeydis @Barandofl @Flyg0n @Ignem)

4. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Benison didn't really know what to think of his psychic abilities. After the successful spicing, he hated his abilities. They would hardly work, and would only cause him pain; they messed with his head and give him new habits. Nowadays, he's learned to put up with most things. The headaches have subsided to some degree, and his new compulsion were now natural to him. Sure, he didn't really know how to use his psychic abilities, but he didn't really need them. He can take care of himself with his physical abilities just fine. The one thing that bothered him the most, were his "episodes" as the scientist would call them. They would occur whenever his horns stored too much psychic energy. but at least he able to somewhat tell when these would happen. Now that he thinks about it, it has been a while since his last one... and he has been receiving periodic headaches... It's almost as if...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Head no idea how long he'd been asleep, but he quickly rose up from the ground below. His now throbbing head nearly sent him falling back into the floor, but he somehow managed to maintain his balance. He looked around the camp, and saw how Auron was still awake.

"I gotta go, natures calling. I'll be right back." Benison informed the Golduck, before quickly heading towards the forest, as far away from the camp as possible. He wasn't able to go too far. He only managed to walk past a couple dozen trees before his throbbing headache caused him to fall over, needing to hold onto a tree to maintain balance for a bit. 'Damn it all, out of all things, this is the one thing I hate the most.' He could barely hear himself think... it hurts hurts too much to think. 'This... should be far enough...'

Not having much of a choice, he decided to sit down for the next part. This was definitely the worst part, due to all the stored up psychic energy running amok in his head causing agonizing pain. Gritting his teeth an baring it, his brain was being assaulted by foreign energy, quickly building up until finally, his brain snapped.

Eyes opened wide, now glowing like a proper psychic. His body quickly fidgets and twitches for a few seconds until finally, he explodes. All of his stored up psychic energy coming out all at once, in a bright, loud wave. He was sure he was far enough to not wake anyone up, but Auron would definitely see the explosion in the distance if he was paying attention. Once all of the foreign energy was all used up, he left limp on the floor. His body felt weak, like he'd run across the whole continent without stopping; he needed to wait a few minutes until his strength would come back for him. His mind was now devoid of all headaches, and he could finally hear himself think.

'I need to figure out a way to stop this...'

5. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,031.6
    Due to his vigilant watch, which had begun to grow slightly hazy due to lack of sleep, Auron clearly saw the massive psychic burst coming from the trees, and knowing that Benison just walked that way and fearing that this was the work of those black uniformed humans, he jumped to his feet and rushed over to Altale and shook her awake, figuring the part Psychic-type would be the most reliable to watch over the others, particularly if they were being invaded by Psychic types. He apologized for interrupting her sleep, but explained in short detail what he saw, and asked to be prepared to wake up the others and even fight, just in case.

After that was settled, Auron bolted into the forest to see where Benison had gone. After a short jaunt, he found the Hitmontop lying face-down on the ground, and rushed over to his side. "Hey, Benison, you still with me?" Auron asked, gazing around the underbrush and questioning whether his friend being left alone like this could be some kind of trap.

6. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,796.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @Kecleon @Jeydis @Barandofl @Flyg0n @Ignem

Altale was sleeping soundly... until she heard a "BOOM!!!" from the distance. She thought it was a dream until Auron shook her body to wake her up. Still dozing off, Altale asked, "Ugh... what the heck, Auron?" to which the Golduck replied with a brief explanation on whatever's happening and a request to watch over everyone else while he check on Benison.

"Okay, got it!" Al nodded just before Auron rushed off from the clearing. She then had a look at the pond and saw her own reflection on it.

Yep, that's me, aight, Al thought as she looked at the natural mirror. Lilac belly, dark blue where it was black... yep, that's me. If anything, though... the Ampharos looked at her branched tail. I still need to get used to my tail...

7. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,397.7
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    The auditory boom of the energy was pretty muffled from deep inside her jelly core. She felt the psychic ripples more strongly though. Umo's eye opened a bit, unwilling to let go of sleep quite yet. Sleep outside of a Pokéball felt different somehow... had she dreamed? Perhaps...

The oozing Pokémon saw Al approach the pond next to her and caught the glimpse of the embers from Auron as he rushed off.

Umo called out psychically to not awaken the others further:
    "Does Auron need our help Al?"

8. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,796.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★

Turning to Umo after realizing that Benison's already gone, Altale replied via telepathy, Pretty much, yeah. He's off to check on Benison, so it's my turn to watch over everyone here. The Ampharos then turned to the sky, musing, I hope everything's okay...

9. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Benison has been lying face-down on the ground for a few minutes now, and he was starting to feel his muscles responding to his comands. He'd need to wait about a minute more before he could move properly, so he'd just have to wait it out. He was not surprised when he heard footsteps making their way towards him, and due to his sense of direction being jumbled for a bit, he couldn't tell where the footsteps were coming from. Before he could begin to wonder who found him still lying on the floor, he heard the Golduck voice.

"Hey, Benison, you still with me?" Auron asked, stopping some distance away.

"Yeah, still here, just unable to move for a minute." Benison answered, lifting his head in order to look at the Goldipuck as he spoke. "I'm guessing you saw the explosion... Sorry about that, that's just something I do. I don't really have control over it, so it just happens whenever. At least my body gets a warning before hand, so i won't be just randomly blowing you guys up."

During his little chat with Auron, his muscles have rested enough for them to able to carry Benison. Knowing this, he stood up utilizing a now slightly bent tree to balance himself. Once he finally had his bearings, he began slowly making his way back to the camp. Not wanting the walk to be filled with silence, he decided to continue talking.

"I've been thinking about finally stopping those explosions, you know. I've overheard the scientists talk about my situation plenty of times, and I'm pretty sure I've pin pointed what's the problem and how to solve it. The real issue, is that I only know how to solve it in theory, but it's much more difficult in practice, so I haven't been able to make much progress."

10. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,031.6
    Auron listened to the Hitmontop talk as he limped along back to their camp, standing next to him in case he needed some extra support. Another case of the humans' meddling causing problems for all of them.

Without warning, Auron slipped his arm under Benison's while making sure his firey tail was out of the way, and helped support the Fighting type as he walked. "Well, I suppose that's one of the positives of our situation, no? We're all in the same boat here, and whatever is gonna happen now, we're gonna do it together. I'm sure Altale or Umo can teach you how to control your Psychic side, and once you do, you'll be a force to be reckoned with. And until then, we'll all be here to help. No need to just run into the woods with no warning and a quick lie, eh?"

Auron looked up and realized they were just breaching through the trees into their camp. "Oh, that was quick. We weren't even that far off."

11. Ignem

Ignem Dragon Tamer

Espurr ♀
    (Espurr ♀)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,201.5
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    Hydro woke up a from the explosion as well. It was his reflex that made him take a fighting position and create a Night Slash in his hand.

12. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,796.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★

Seeing Hydro's fighting stance coupled with the fact that Altale had no idea that it's just his reflex kicking in, the latter used her psy power to check the surroundings. All she could sense were two living beings heading their way. Al whispered as she passed by Hydro, "Hydro, stay here. I'll check on the folks heading this way." By "folks", she meant humans and Pokémon alike.

Just outside the clearing, Altale looked around... and spotted two familiar figures over there: Auron and Benison. While she was relieved upon seeing them, she was also concerned at Benison's condition. I mean, the Hitmontop was clearly struggled just to walk. Could this be... the side effect from whatever Benison had gone through all this time? Altale thought.

13. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    "Yeah, I wasn't able to get very far... and it seems that I might caused some unnecessary disturbance." Benson spoke, looking at all of the awoken hybrids on the camp site, while still being heard by Auron. "Well I did want to give you a proper warning, but I was short on time. It took me all I had to reach where I was just a minute ago; if I were to give you a proper warning before leaving, I would've taken too long going into detail and I wouldn't have made enough it far. So I apologize for that, at least."

His muscles were finally rested enough to be blue to carry his weight normally without any assistance. Making his way towards the middle of the camp, he asked the Golduck to let go of him in order to sit down. Once sitting on the camp, he quickly prepared himself for the upcoming barrage of questions.

14. Flyg0n

Flyg0n PKMN Breeder

Mojave
    (Trapinch)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽365.8
    [Haven't been here in days wow. Missed a bunch]

Shale watched with wide-eyes, having been awoken by the explosion. She huddled, tensed, her reddish wings ready to carry her into the air. Fortunately, the disturbance didn't seem to caused by the evil people in black.

Soon enough, Benison limped back into the clearing, supported by Auron. He looked tired, but not injured.
    "It's ok Benison," she said. "You're alright though?" She anxiously ran her hands through her fur. Part of her pitied him. Pitied everyone. Would this be their life forever, constantly struggling against themselves? Her tail twitched, frustration building in her.

15. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,031.6
    Auron let the Hitmontop stand by himself and go over to the fire to be comforted and confronted by the other hybrids. Auron went back to his post over by the lake, when a rustle in the bushes caught his ear. Upon gazing into the darkness, he saw some kind of rodent Pokémon, probably a Rattata or a Sentret, fleeing back into the undergrowth, and despite the mundane nature of the event, he realized that they may yet still be in danger.

He quickly walked back over to the camp. "Hydro, put out the fire, and everyone scatter the ashes and any food scraps as much as possible. It's more than likely that some of those humans are still out there searching for us, and purposeful or not, Benison's little light show could easily attract some unwelcome attention. We need to get moving, pronto!"

16. Ignem

Ignem Dragon Tamer

Espurr ♀
    (Espurr ♀)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,201.5
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    Hydro nodded at the instructions and put the fire out. It took him a few minutes as Water Shuriken is not exactly a move you can put out fire with. He did take out the fire at the end. He then made sure that the even the cinders were out.

17. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,796.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★

Now that it's nighttime, Altale figured this would be the best time to continue the runaway. She randomly kicked the ashes here and there to cover the group's tracks as Auron had instructed. All while thinking back to when Benison explained his situation during the prison break:
    Was it really what behind that boom earlier tho? the branch-tailed Ampharos thought. I mean, with Benison's current condition, how else could they all explain the explosion back there?

18. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,397.7
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Roused from her dozing state Umo got to absorbing all of the food scraps within her jellified body letting them slowly dissolve as she helped break up the camp

19. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,031.6
    Auron looks over everyone as they worked, helping to scatter the campsite as much as he could, and realized that it still may not be enough. He hurriedly glanced around the campsite, wondering what he could even do, and caught a glimpse of his own tail as he twisted around. That's it!

The Golduck quickly ran to the west side of the clearing and held up his tail to a nearby tree, not enough to catch it on fire, but until there was a visible scorch in the bark. He then moved to the next shrub further from the clearing, then another tree, then the dead leaves on the ground, and finished off with a quick spurt of a Flamethrower into the trees. Waiting a minute in case he did accidentally catch anything on fire, he nodded to himself and rushed back to the camp. Hopefully, the humans would be thrown off by the burn trail leading the exact opposite direction of where they were traveling, at least for a little while.

20. Flyg0n

Flyg0n PKMN Breeder

Mojave
    (Trapinch)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽365.8
    Shale quickly helped the other clear out camp, brushing away discarded cores of fruits and hurriedly brushing away footprints. She caught sight of Auron, leaving a trail of scorch marks opposite where they were headed. Her gaze shifted back to the other splices.

Hydro... Altale, Auron, Benison and Umo... "Everyone ready?" she asked, a note of anxiety in her voice.