1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, Jan 5, 2023.

1. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    This RP is mainly inspired by the treasure hunt aspect off SV, and Dragon Quest Treasures--what if you were traveling across a fantasy Paldea looking for literal treasures?

The basic premise:

The land of Joyas is known far and wide as "The Land of Treasures" and for good reason--no matter how much treasure is dug up, and no matter how many treasure hunters come, more will always appear to replace it. What these treasures are can be anything from valuable jewels and rocks, to weapons, armor, and instruments, on up to pottery, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art. Just as many have come to study why Joyas has so much treasure--and why what is dug up is somehow replaced with a new treasure within hours.

You play the role of an apprentice adventurer in the famed Naranja Academy of Adventurers--and your final exam for the term is to go out into the world and find something rare and fabulous--with a prize for the one that brings back the rarest, most valuable item.

What wonders and terrors await you on your treasure hunt? You will make new friends from across the fantasy Pokeworld, defend your haul from your rivals at the Uva Academy and other rival academies, and maybe that the greatest treasure isn't a physical object--it is the love and friendships you make along the way.

Character's name (something that sounds Spanish-like is preferred, but people come from all over to learn to be adventurers)
    Character's age (anywhere from age 13 to 16 will do)
    Character's appearance (what does your character basically look like?)
    Character's history (what is your character like, and what led your character to become a treasure hunter in training?)
    Character's class (any standard RPG class within reason will do)
    Character's known Pokémon (any of the known non-Legendary Pokémon are allowed--since this is based on Scarlet (and fantasy), you may meet Koraidon at some point.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Finally got a chance to reload my blue mage kiddo with a little modification~ :D

Fiorello Volta
    Name: Fiorello "Fiore" Volta
    Class: Blue Mage
    Appearance: Fiore is a non-binary AMAB youth (he/they) with platinum blonde hair worn in a parted bob falling right by their cheekbones. Typically dons FFTA2's blue mage outfit sans the headgear (whatever it's called).

Backstory Fiore grew up in a family who runs an Eevee daycare -- basically a nursery crossed with a shelter for Eevee and its evolutions -- in what would be Los Platos, Paldea today. One of the Eevee they took care of eventually bonded with Fiore and nicknamed Lissa. Fiore basically helped out in the family-run daycare until they discovered their ability to use Pokémon moves at 11. Only then did their family enrolled them in a blue mage academy for 2 years. And after they graduated, Fiore continued their study in Naranja Academy of Adventurers for another 2 years.

Known Pokémon: Lissa the Eevee (she/her)
    About Lissa While Lissa can't permanently evolve, she can shift between her Eeveelution forms via Extreme Evoboost. Think of it like Red's Vee when he was an Eevee but with more options to choose from (Vee's options were limited to the gen 1 Eeveelutions and he lost this ability upon permanently evolving into Espeon). The shifting itself is manually triggered by any of the Partner Eevee's exclusive moves with the target Eeveelution matching the move and Veevee Volley reverting her back to an Eevee mid-battle -- she'll automatically revert to her Eevee form once the battle's over.
    • Bouncy Bubble (water)
    • Buzzy Buzz (electric)
    • Sizzly Slide (fire)
    • Glitzy Glow (psychic)
    • Baddy Bad (dark)
    • Sappy Seed (grass)
    • Freezy Frost (ice)
    • Sparkly Swirl (fairy)
    • Extreme Evoboost
      • Unlike the Z-move it's based on, this spell allows Lissa to freely change from an Eevee to any of her Eeveelution forms and back -- effectively works like Mega Eevee in Pokémon Insurgence. This spell is only usable once per battle.
    Money: TBA
    • Blue saber
    • Blue robe
    None at the moment
    None at the moment
    None at the moment
    None at the moment

Marissa Dee
    Name: Marissa Dee
    Class: Archer
    Appearance: Marissa is, for all purposes and intents, 100% human girl (she/her) with green eyes and short red hair with tail. Typically dons FFTA2's gria hunter outfit sans the, uh, gria features (i.e. draconic horns, wings, tail, and pointy ears -- Marissa has none of them).

Backstory Marissa and Alvin Dee are a pair of twins hailing from what would be Hulbury, Galar today. The two started their journeys together at the tender age of 11 only to part ways a year later to hone their own talents: archery for Marissa and bare-fisted fighting for Alvin (they both had potential to be bards but neither chose to pursue that path). In Marissa's case, she trained at the <insert the Isle of Armor equivalent here> where she had to train a Kubfu (later evolved into an Urshifu) alongside her own training for a year before enrolling in the Naranja Academy for another 2 years. But little did she know that her twin was currently attending another school in the same region...

Known Pokémon:
    • Sniper the Inteleon (he/him)
    • Alicorn the Galarian Rapidash (he/him)
    • Akane the Single Strike Urshifu (she/they)
    • TBA
    Money: TBA
    • Longbow
    None at the moment
    None at the moment
    None at the moment
    None at the moment

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 Jan 10, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2023
    WavePearl likes this.
  3. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @SAF

That looks good to me--I only need to know Fiore's pronouns so I identify them correctly.

4. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    I believe it's already there in the appearance part. In case you missed it, Fiore goes by he/they like their previous iterations.

WavePearl likes this.
  5. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @SAF

Okay then--you are Accepted!

6. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Speaking of, I think "treasure hunting" sounds too general. Mind specifying a little?

7. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @SAF

Your main goal is to solve the mystery of how Joyas has so much treasure, who or what could be replenishing what is dug up, and then keep this being (not revealing who this is yet, but it is a Pokémon) out of evil hands. Any treasure you find might help you on your quest somehow.

SAF likes this.
  8. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Random brain dump If (some of) SV characters were RPG-ified, I'd say (potential spoiler, perhaps?):
    • Nemona would be a fighter due to her penchant for fighting.
    • Arven would be... whatever RPG class associated with cooking. If his cooking skills have nothing to do with it, he might as well be a rogue or something.
    • Penny would be a mage of sorts because that's the closest thing I could get to a hacker. Preferably sorcerer or illusionist to help with her Cassiopeia persona.
    • Sada/Turo (depending on who we'll end up using here) would be a scholar just because (s)he's a professor in spite of the games' near-ending plot twist.
    • Clavell would be a sage assuming he's taking up the role of Naranja Academy's headmaster here like he does in Scarlet (he's Uva's headmaster in Violet instead).
    Any thoughts?

9. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @SAF

If we are using your standard Final Fantasy classes:

I picture Nemona as a fighter or paladin
    Arven could work as a chemist or white mage
    Penny as an illusionist makes sense
    This is based on Scarlet, so we're using Sada as a sage. In this timeline, she is alive, as a living human
    Clavell as a sage works as well

SAF likes this.
  10. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    So... got several things in mind:
    • I've been thinking of throwing a rebooted Marissa Dee in here but with a different hairstyle and an Urshifu from her previous SwSh - IoA equivalent journey (doesn't have to be her original RP). Still not sure about the Urshifu part, though.
    • Aside from any potential new players, will Fiore have traveling partner(s) you might play?
    • I don't mind whether you want a 1x1 or group setting for this RP. But either way, me taking too long to post doesn't always mean I lost interest -- I might either need more time to brainstorm or have RL things get in my way most of the time.

11. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @SAF

1. Go for it!
    2. Not really--I will be controlling Juliana and Nemona, as well as any NPCs
    3. I plan to start things sometime this week

12. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    You know what, I'll do you one better: let's have Sada and Turo as a married couple with Arven as their kid. If you want Sada to have more spotlight, we can just say Turo is either MIA (worst case scenario) or working as a teacher in Uva (a little better case scenario -- Marissa's twin might know him) or something. :thumbsup:

That said, her bio's done, though honestly it took me forever to come up with a coherent backstory. :sweat: Is she good to go? And where in-universe should my kiddos start from?

13. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @SAF

Those are good to go!

You start as you are leaving the academy.