1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokemon USUM News Hype Thread

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Pixel, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Hello everyone, and welcome to the Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Hype Thread!
    Every time some news is announced, you can expect to see a report on it (hopefully from me) in the Articles section. However, and this goes for any USUM news, but you can find it here as soon as it's announced, just with less detail!
    It doesn't have to be just me who posts, too! Anyone can post news in here, as long as they can source it!

Anyway, here's our first piece of hype news, Dusk Lycanroc!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Aug 5, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  2. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Aaaaaaaaaa there's something new! Honestly I'm not really sure whether I like Dusk/Twilight Lycanroc, I'd have to see the shiny form before I could be sure. I'm a little frustrated that it isn't called Twilight Lycanroc in the English version, because that would be really cool in my mind. I still would like to get Ultra Moon though, so hopefully I might be able to once it comes out!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    I can agree. As someone who reads and tends to follow the Japanese canon, it's sad that they chose a different name. But, and this is just fanboi speculation, it might be because there's two new forms of Lycanroc, as "twilight" can be both in the morning and at night, while "dusk" is only at night!

4. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    Looks like I was right about a new form for Lycanroc.

5. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    It looks almost identical to the Midday. But it's got that curved mane that the Midnight has. Neat little hybrid.

If there's another new form, I hope we can get all four somehow in USUM

6. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    Oh look Dusk Form Raikou
    [​IMG] I mean it does look like it

But for reals If all the "New Pokémon" are just new forms I'm probably not going to be happy bout it

#6 Aug 5, 2017
    Nyanja and BraviaryScout like this.
  7. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Oh My Gouda.

Lycanroc Seems Like The First Pokémon That Can Change Form(Due The Fact That This Form Is Dusk/Sunrise/Sunset,He May Change Back To Day/Midnight Form Based Of Time)Some Kind Of This-

MIdnight/Morning Before Sunrise-Midnight Form
    Sunrise-Dawn Form?
    Morning/Afternoon-Day Form
    Sunset-Dusk Form
    Night-Midnight Form

Then Repeat All Over Again...
    (It's My Option,I Don't Know If Lycanroc's Dawn Form Will Official Announced.)

#7 Aug 5, 2017
  8. Uber-Dan

Uber-Dan PKMN Breeder

Rayquaza Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽150.7
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★
    I bet there will be a Dawn form. We have Midnight form as the opposite of Midday form so it makes sense that there would be a Dawn form to be the opposite of Dusk.

Geroniny likes this.
  9. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Right,I Agree Too.

10. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I want to bet that the new Dusk form will be a Ultra Sun exclusive, while whatever the other form will be a Ultra Moon exclusive!

Geroniny likes this.
  11. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    It looks good, although I'm not sure if I'm a huge fan. I mean, it looks like Midday Lycanroc with Midnight Lycanroc's mane. They could've at least done something better and more creative, in my opinion.

#11 Aug 5, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  12. flareon71

Legegg
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽392.1
    I just think it looks cool.
    I've always loved the design of Midnight form, so seeing the two designs mixed is a neat surprise. Plus, I already have Midnight and Midday, so I have a new Alolan Pokémon I can use. Hopefully it's competitively viable...

13. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    My opinion pretty much, the new form looks good but still is just a fusion of the midday and midnight and if this is one of the new pokémon they said would be in the games I sure hope the others are a bit more creative.

14. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    Yeah I think it looks a little too like midday form to be honest. A few more differences would have been nice. Maybe midnight's face/eyes?

15. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    I made a concept for Dawn form (Though rough):
    [​IMG]

16. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    If that is dawn, I will stick to Day/Dusk form.

Pixel likes this.
  17. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    I'm so hyped for this new Lycanroc, I already hunted for a third shiny Rockruff to evolve it as soon as the game comes out!

18. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    I love this Lycanroc so much, if it's a US exclusive I may just end up buying Ultra Sun instead of UM! Midday Lycanroc was a bit plain for me while Midnight Lycanroc looked a little creepy (I still prefer Midnight over Midday, though). I think Twilight/Dusk Lycanroc is my new favorite form!

19. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I do like it a lot. I know we have been complaining about it for a few days, but it is a good and solid Pokémon even if it looks like a splice from the other forms. If it has Accelrock I would be down with this.

Wings likes this.
  20. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Oh yes please let it have Accelrock, Game Freak please I beg you. It is something the midnight form needed and the midday form could have gone without even if STAB priority move rocks much pun.