1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Iris-shi High School Talent (Idol) Club! (IC)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by 122 Generation, Jul 14, 2022.

1. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,929.7
    (Depending if Tala wants to reply, of course, and I can imagine Emma with much shorter twin tails!)

If anything, it seemed that Tamal was attracting a bit of fandom on his own! Maybe it was because he was a transfer student! Of course, since it was not uncommon to see students in Plegia City School uniforms in Ylisstol High, it could have been worse. There were, of course, other 'distinguishing' features, such as his height (For Robyn's case, it was because she shared a striking similarity with Robin, of course).

Robyn then noticed that Tala and Maya were also in the room too. Whoa. Was she also joining the drama club? Robyn wouldn't have thought she was the type, given her timid nature. Maybe this might be a chance for Tala to build expression! Also, Kai looked like he was having fun, as was Maya. No wonder they both took up the acting role in the last performance! Nevertheless, the buzz was still around Tamal, which alleviated attention from the drama club.

It was pretty warm outside. To make use of the day, Robyn decided to stop by Ultra Melon in Goldenrod Square to check out the latest releases of games. Then she would have to turn her attention to her homework.

(Cuing Thursday...)

WavePearl likes this.
  2. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    Tala shook her head again. ''I am fine, I got more than enough on my plate. Anyway, thank you. and i need to get going. My friend texted me they were close by.'' he waved and walked back to the hallway.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,929.7
    @Pirate Captain @SAF @WavePearl @ChocoChicken

6/20 Thursday: After School; Ylisstol High School, Conference Room

Thankfully, the effect of the posters appeared to have waned as the week went by and schoolwork piled up. Now the members of the talent/idol club would only be glanced at once in a while but not as frequently as the first day of the week. Plus, with finals coming up next month, there was no time to slack off.

The school bell rung to indicate classes were done for the day. Robyn went to the conference room first to get everything set up. Once she had done so, she sat down on the lounge chair to watch the Ebuto videos of their performance and the reactions to the posters. Robin was off to the school shop to hopefully snag a melon pan, but Robyn could already envision the school shop was crowded already.

4. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,914.9
    @122 Generation

Maya arrived with guitar in tow. The Drama Club was already making plans for a production of "The Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light" for the spring musical--and if she wanted a shot at the role of Princess Caeda, she had to get a copy of the script, or find a video of the play.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    122 Generation likes this.
  5. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,630.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Oh well, it couldn't be helped. Kai sighed again and Emma shook her head. With Tala out for some reason, they went back to their drama club things.

Fast forwarding to Thursday, Nora was all smiles by the time she got to the conference room with her violin in tow. Why? Because she saw Alex and Tamal high-fiving each other on their way to the meeting. An actual high-five, mind you, not the awkward kind like the one they had back in the mazesoba house.

Kai, meanwhile, was still trapped in a crowd of students in the school shop. It's not like they were crowding him or anything -- the crowd was there for the ever-popular melon pan like any other school days.

6. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 39
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,214.3
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    (I think Tamal and Alex would both be on the short side but she's shorter than he is haha. Maybe fans would be drawn to his small gremlin energy LMAO)

With some urging from Alex, the duo arrived quite early to the conference room on that Thursday, not long after Nora. The former had her notebook out - given the looming deadline of finals, they would probably have performances soon so the dates wouldn't clash, and she'd written down a few ideas to either discuss with the team or adjust if their meeting circled around something else instead.

Tamal on the other hand had his performance already settled upon, and as such just kept his free hands behind his head as they entered. Thankfully, there was no "breaking down the door" involved in this entrance.

7. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,929.7
    (That kind of title already sounds worthy for this universe! Also, I'd like to see Maya cosplaying as Caeda even though Caeda is an actual figure in this universe ;))

@SAF @ChocoChicken
    Robyn After Robyn had watched a few more videos, she read a few pages of her support log trying to think of potential OTPs. She was almost tempted to read the online poll were it not for timely arrival of Nora and Maya, with their respective instruments in tow. She couldn't help smiling at Tamal, thinking what kind of dramatic entrances he could pull off (but this was not one of them, of course).

"Hi there!" Robyn greeted. "Whoa, you all seem in a good mood!"

Robin Robin was hauling his guitar and schoolbag around and - like Kai - tried to maneuver through the crowd to get his hands on the coveted melon pan. The curry pan was also selling out too. Now that he was here, would Robyn want something to drink too? Chilled apple tea sounded good, he thought.

The melon pan was selling out fast and Robin could feel his hopes start diminishing. What if he couldn't get one in time? (or a second for Robyn?)

It was there that he also noticed Kai in this sea of faces. "Oh hey! Kai!" he shouted at his clubmate.

WavePearl likes this.
  8. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,914.9
    @122 Generation

(Marth's story is just too good not to be a play, but that's me. Ike's tale could also feasibly work, too)

9. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    Tala had just heard the news this morning. At some point she was sad but also surprised. She took all the courage and was ready to tell the club about it. Gladly it was thursday and with a huge bag on her shoulder. As it included everything from her locker she went to the club meeting. Ready and waiting for the others to arrive.

(Cue me up if everyone is there)

WavePearl likes this.
  10. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,929.7

(Suppose I can cue now and get everyone together)

So it came to be that everyone had gathered together in the conference room later that afternoon. Robyn, Maya, Nora, Alex, and Tamal were already there. Then shortly after, they were joined by Kai and Robin. Robin managed to get his hands on one melon pan which he got for Robyn.

By the time Tala arrived, Robyn greeted her warmly. "Hey, Tala-chan! Welcome!" Then Robyn stopped short. "Whoa, looks like you've got your hands full. Um... what's with the bag?"

11. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,630.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (Gah! Hate it when my braincells stopped working until my cue gets overdue. D:)

School shop Unfortunately for Robin, all he got from Kai was a brief "Oi!" right before the latter got closer to the stand (?). Since he wanted something a little bit spicy, he was considerably lucky to get a curry pan for himself. And Nora? She loved strawberry, so he got a strawberry pan for her. And two cans of V12 Juice too while at it.

Conference room "M-hm," the first-year's smile didn't fade at Robyn's comment. Heck, it only got wider when her brother came with his schoolbag, a strawberry pan (he'd already eaten his curry pan on the way there), and V12 Juice in tow.

And then Tala came right after the kid's first bite on her strawberry pan. Both siblings turned to the recently arrived second-year, all wondering what's the deal with the huge bag. Probably a bit too big for a schoolbag, but why?

#891 Dec 20, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2022
  12. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 39
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,214.3
    Alexa's smile suddenly hesitated when she saw Tala enter with the large bag. Was that something for the club? But the girl's expression was definitely not as bright as Nora or Maya's when they entered. She took another moment to scrutinize the bag. Considering its size, it almost looked like it could hold the entirety of the girl's-

Oh.

She looked over at Tamal, whose inquisitive expression covered up any realization he could have. But he would have been more familiar with this, wouldn't he?

Either way, it wasn't her place to speak. She stayed quiet and waited for Tala's response.

13. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    "I... have good news and bad news ." Tala started. She looked to the ground. "Good news. Seems my brother has been found. Its not certain but ywah" she gave a small smile which quickly faded. "And well bad news. We move to another country. So I leave today. I wanted to say goodbye. So yeah goodbye and I ofcourse will follow all your progress. Thank you for everythint" she ended. She bowed down and walked out of the school to home, to get ready for the move the next day

14. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,630.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Welp, that was... unexpected. Neither of the Hansens knew that Tala had a brother, let alone the fact that he'd been missing for Naga knows how long. Nor did they know that it's been a little secret between her and Robyn since that one time when Robin crashed the club meeting for the second time. "I-- good luck, senpai," Nora quietly said as she tried oh-so-hard to not cry. It was then met by her brother's hug and his "Yeah, good luck," to Tala with no hints of sarcasm in his tone.

#894 Dec 21, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2022
  15. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,914.9
    @Pirate Captain

"Bye, Tala...good luck." Maya smiled. "We'll all miss you, so write us letters if you can!"

16. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 39
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,214.3
    "We'll see you around, Tala," added Alex. "Stay safe out there, all right?"

"And we can keep in touch through emails! Whatever you're goin through, we're a message away!" Tamal gave her a wave as well. Though he hadn't known her long, she seemed nice enough, though shy. Hopefully the new country would be nice to her as well.

17. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,929.7

Robyn’s Meloetta doll and Nora’s Pikachu charm were evidently visible in the room. If anyone looked inside, they could tell they were Poketto fans. It would be tempting for the anime club to join this, but the is wasn’t the place obviously (However, it looked adorable!). Now, the news of Tala's departure drew a somewhat different reaction from Robyn. If Nora, Kai, Maya, Alex, and Tamal were surprised, Robyn was so shocked that she couldn’t register what was going on. (Whereas Robin had followed Kai in with the one melon pan in his hand (and an Hour Maid in the other) in time to hear Tala announce her departure. Oh dear. Seems he dropped in at a sensitive moment.)

“Oh… That’s… That’s great that you found him, Tala-chan,” she said, knowing that Tala has tried so hard to find her brother. Maybe the performance last time had the effect she wanted! Things were happening too suddenly for her. Neither did everyone know about the situation with Tala's brother. At least Robyn had written a record of it in her support log.

But it brought a certain sadness to Robyn too upon hearing that Tala was moving, effective today. Like Nora, she tried oh-so-hard not to cry. "Remember to write to us, okay? Remember what we've done here together. G-good luck, and g-g-good-b-bye..."

(Thanks so much for joining, Tala! Glad we had Tala on board for one performance, at least!)
    (Heheh brain cells fried? Don't feel pressured! It takes something to keep the imagination fresh! My brain cells are trying to write up the confession scene in the fic at the moment)

WavePearl and ChocoChicken like this.
  18. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,630.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (That, and made even worse when some of my relatives irl passed away. How could I even brainstorm while grieving for them?)

Now that Tala's out, the club had seven members left. One of the third-years -- the one whose hair was not white -- could be seen pulling the lone first-year into his loving embrace as she was trying to hold her tears back. It could've been a shipping material weren't it for their siblinghood which had effectively started on the day she was brought into this world.

"Uh, Chief," he turned to his fellow third year -- the only one who was a girl. "What's our agenda now?"

122 Generation and WavePearl like this.
  19. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,914.9
    @SAF

(Prayers and well wishes--I'm so sorry for your loss)

SAF likes this.
  20. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,929.7
    (My condolences. I know how it feels. Praying for you as well.
    Also, 'which had effectively started on the day she was brought into this world' sounds like breaking the fourth wall)

It seemed like Robyn had lost her focus - if not the will to keep going - once the reality had settled on her. "Huh? I..." She was unable to speak straight. Like Nora, Robyn was trying to hold tears back. Not only was Robyn saddened by the fact that Tala had left them (and leaving Robyn with memories of the girl's moments with the club), but the departure had left Robyn questioning her ability to lead this school club. What if it meant that more members would leave? The thought filled her with fear and anxiety.

She looked at her fellow clubmates. "A-agenda? Um... I need to go to the washroom. Excuse me," she replied.

Then Robyn left the room with a visibly sad look on her face.

For a moment, Robin wanted to pull Robyn into a hug but figured it was better to do that privately. Unlike the resident siblings in the club, he didn't have any defence were he do something that implied a shippable relationship with Robyn (whereas, quite separately, noticing Kai pull Nora into a hug reminded him of his own bond with Morgan). Instead he turned to the remaining club members.

"I think Robyn wanted to plan out the next venue for our performance since it's coming up next week," he said. "At least, that was what she intended."

WavePearl likes this.