1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Pokemon: Evolution Quest (IC thread)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, Aug 24, 2020.

1. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 39
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,214.3
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    @sanianisa
    "I'm sorry for your loss." Xuehua began. "But one member cannot attest for the entire hall. My apologies, miss Aine-" she gave the Sylveon a curt nod "- but until there is more information on how trustable you are, I would warn against joining this quest."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™ (they/them)

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,411.7
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Aroma was hesitant to Lady Aine’s request because she was a bit indifferent to the Dragon Kings- if they’re not bothering me, why should I get involved?- but she knew that this dilemma affected way more than just her.
    “I’m not much of a fighter, but I will help as much as I can.”

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,630.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "I- I see..." Blacky whispered as he understood Xuehua's concern. However, that didn't really help with his sudden burst of grief as he collapsed to his knees (?). Back at his master's home in Kickenham, Blacky used to randomly pluck the strings on his mom's harp whenever he felt the grief. But now that he left it behind...
    I think I really need another way to cope with this feeling...

(Ah welp, not sure how "collapsing to his knees" actually work on a normally quadrupedal Pokémon tbh. :sweat:)

4. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,929.7
    (Think Wave said these Pokémon stand on their legs for the purposes of this fantasy)

Atelier was probably more shocked than anyone in seeing what direction the conversation took. The icy and pessimistic vibe Xuehua was giving, Blacky on the verge of cracking - if he hadn't already, and the determination from the other Eevee and Sylveon (or was that fear in their eyes?) told him this was very serious. Perhaps this was something that affected them personally, or their pasts. Just what did Atelier wade into, anyway? Then again, Atelier didn't know much of his own past either, so it wouldn't be fair of him to judge.

He knelt down to Blacky's level. "You okay?" he said.

5. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,914.9
    SAF and Laserdragon14 like this.
  6. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,630.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (Hence "normally", lel. :v )

Somehow noticing Atelier's worried look, Blacky slowly nodded. "I- yeah..." he said. Honestly tho, why does it have to be this awkward?

(Also @WavePearl, seems like an in-character convincing would be nice. I mean, Blacky tried but it didn't work, so...)

7. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,914.9
  8. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    "Has something like that ever happened before?" asked Starlight nervously. "Not saying that I don't trust you, I am just curious."

9. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,630.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Blacky sighed in relief upon hearing that. At least mum was in the right track, he thought.

10. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,914.9
    @Laserdragon14

Aine's face turned somber. "Sadly yes...there are tales of fallen minstrels who sang the songs of darkness. Arceus willing we don't meet one on our journey."

11. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,929.7
    @WavePearl

Atelier turned to Aine. "Alright, Lady Aine. Can you tell us how you intend to achieve your objectives?" he asked. Granted, everyone appeared at least shaken by the kind of weight the adventure might carry, but Atelier himself didn't have the full measure of what was going on. All he did was answer a call from the shiny Sylveon, and that was it. "What is going on, exactly?"

And it seemed odd to ask such a thing and encounter a somber mood in the middle of a festival.

12. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,914.9
    @Laserdragon14 @sanianisa @ChocoChicken @RadEmpoleon @122 Generation @Kecleon352

"You know well the eight notorious Dragon Kings, right?" Aine asked the group. "After some research, I have found that the Dragon Kings are abusing the power of the eight Jewels of Light that hold Ardamore in balance, and using them for their own selfish gain. The only way to restore the balance is to slay the Dragon Kings. As strong as my song is, I can't make such a perilous journey alone."

13. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,630.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Blacky stood up, intently listening to Aine's explanation with occasional nods in understanding.
    "...I see. So if one Dragon King 'guards' one jewel, all we need to do is to locate where those jewels are and take on whoever 'guarding' them, right?"

14. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 39
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,214.3
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    "How exactly are they throwing Ardamore out of balance, now?" Xuehua continued. "And how do you plan to find each King and assassinate them without alerting them?"

15. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,914.9
    @Laserdragon14 @sanianisa @ChocoChicken @RadEmpoleon @122 Generation @Kecleon352

"You've seen the signs of the imbalance yourself--monsters appearing, and disasters and rumors of disasters of all kinds." Aine explains. "The Dragon Kings delight in this misery, and have fashioned their lairs into huge dungeons. Those that do not get eaten meet their demise in any number of minions and traps. So they do not know of our coming--or that we will succeed in slaying them."

16. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,929.7
    Atelier listened carefully. So there were eight jewels that held Ardamore stable and its abuse of them already showed its effects. Judging from the reaction of his peers, Atelier also deduced that the Dragon Kings had little doubt to be the cause of it. "I don't suppose that's why you've called on us to help you?" he said. "And what happens if they do find out we're on to them?"

17. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,914.9
    @122 Generation

Aine nodded. "As powerful as my gift of song is, no hero ever fought alone."

She smiled. "You need not worry about the Dragon Kings catching onto us--they are too engrossed in their excess to know a hero can defeat them.

18. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    "But after we take one or two out...Won't they become more cautious?" asked Starlight as she grasped her necklace.

19. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,914.9
    @Laserdragon14

Aine smiled. "Hardly. They're like the dragons in all the old tales--so caught up in their excess and greed that they don't even realize their brethren are being picked off."

20. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,630.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "That being said... Where should we start from?" Blacky chimed in, hoping to end this Q&A session and get moving as soon as possible.

#120 Sep 2, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2020